Your favourite Tevez goal

Rocket Sauce said:
That free kick against Stoke was something to behold. It's been one of my favorite goals ever, not just for Carlos.
he was brilliant that night and a brilliant hat-trick.

Free kick was his best goal...but my my favorite was his hatrick away at Norwich, especially his second. We were struggling a little at that point and the header for me summed him up. class

Can't remember I it was Norwich or wolves when he beat about 5 people and scored and the whole stadium did the Poznan after it can anyone remember it.

davymcfc said:
The penalty against the rags. He had been respectful after scoring against west ham earlier in the season and no one knew how he would react if he scored in the derby. There was a lot of pressure on that penalty, he smashed it in and then went absolutely mental. He gave Neville a bit if stick as well!
Wasn't that when gormless Rooney shouted "mind the post" at him as he ran up to take the kick?

Hear me out on this argument.

I feel there are distinctive differences in quality between a freekick/penalty and a goal scored in open play. I will always back a goal in open play as a favorite as opposed to a free kick (Roberto Carlos excepted)

With a free kick, you have time to think. Time to remember your technique from the training pitch. The very fact you have practiced this very same free kick in training time and time and time again, with the same wall set up. All you have to do is step up and "Repeat it". I'm not at all questioning the skill to be able to do it, just the fact you are in so much more control. Its called "Conscious compitance" " Your thinking about the skill you know you have"

Open play goals are so much more about "natural ability" You cannot recreate the defenders running the same way, the way a ball may bounce and it relies on your amazing natural skills you have, just pulling off remarkable things. I would put this down in the catogory of "Unconscious Compitance" "Not having to think about what you are doing" (like driving).

I would go for the goals against Norwich for me too. Just sublime goals

I will miss the little stroppy git, but he was "Our little stroppy git"

On the field, he epitomised everything we wanted to see a player in our Blue to be. A few others can take a leaf out of his book in that respect

Good luck Carlos

Love_Each_Day said:
Counter attack against Chelsea at home 1-0.

I love that one too.

It was the first game we took our grandson to, so it was special for that reason too.

But the free-kick against Stoke was also pretty special.

On another note, 74 goals in 148 games - that's exactly a goal every two games, which is very impressive in a league as competitive as the Premier League.

Thank you for all the great goals you've given us and good luck, Carlos.

slalom goal vs West Brom 2011
Stoke free kick 2011
Arsenal Carling Cup 2010
1st against Stoke in 3-0 win 2011

always scored great goal against Chelsea but top 3

2012-2013 needed that 2nd , got pass from silva and put unstoppable shot past Cech to finish game.

2010-2011 breakaway goal ran at Terry and Ashley Cole put through Cole's legs and in off post.

number 1 his goal at Villa Park in Charity Shield, i can watch that goal all day, similar to Arsenal cup goal and one against Mexico in 2010 world cup

Had his issues with Mancini and i think they were to do with both sides but for me he's best player ive ever seen in City shirt(im 35), stay long enough and im sure Aguero, Silva etc could take over

Thankyou Carlitos

his peno vs rags.

he did score some cracking goals during his time here too tho and out of those it must be the free kick

I know it was 3 goals but the Hat trick at Norwich was a top draw Hat trick,

The First was just POWER
The Second was phenomenal link up play between him and Sergio
And the 3 just rounded off a great day out.

Oh and all his goals against the Stinky Rags

Oh and the Free-kick against Stoke

I could go on and on. Great player on the pitch and that's how he should be remembered at City

Good luck Carlos

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.