Your generations best XI

shevtheblue

So i've been trying to think of the best 11 players in a useable team that i've ever seen in my life time. So when I say players i've seen, i mean in live games either on tv or in person. So for instance that would rule out Pele and Maradona from my team as i'm not old enough to have seen them. I did see Maradona at USA 94 but by then he wasn't the same player and got done for drugs mid tournament anyway.

So here goes :

GK: Buffon - best keeper i've seen live, watched him in person when he played for Parma and you could tell at that age he was the real deal. He's probably going to become Italy's all time capped player and you have admire that he stayed with Juve when they got relegated two divisions and brought them all the way back up.

RB: Cafu - can't think of anyone better than this guy, he was such a machine.

LB: Maldini - has to be right? two footed (think he was actually naturally right footed) and is a one club man, won everything domestically and it's a big shame he never won anything with Italy.

CB: Baresi - another one club man, he was only 5ft9 but he invented the sweeper position with Sacchi and was the best defender i've ever seen.

CB Sammar - was amazing in Euro 96 and won the champs league with Dortmund, brilliant player and one of a handful of none attacking players to have won a ballon d'or (others are mostly German's too!).

Def Mid: Makalele - there's a reason this position is now called the 'makalele position'. He had a weird knack of being in the right place and bullying bigger players off the ball, then picking the right pass to get the team moving on.

CM/DM pivot: Pirlo - best passer i've seen, it still amazes me that Inter swapped him with Milan for an awful Argentinian winger and then after winning everything at Milan, they gave him to Juve for FREE! a double pivot with Makalele would just work wonders.

RWF: Messi - don't really need to say much about him tbf

LWF: C.Ronaldo - glossy faced twat, greedy and very cringey, but amazing player.

AM: Zidane - was one of those players that would take the responsibility to go and win the game (98 WC final, Champs league final with Real, game against England in world cup i think). amazing player.

Striker: Ronaldo - best number 9 i've ever seen, it was between him and Van Basten, but Van Basten had to retire early and Ronaldo came back from his bad injuries to win a lot of stuff - the complete striker.

As you can see, heavily influenced by Serie A. When i was a kid that was the best league in the world. Let's see what you got..

So i've been trying to think of the best 11 players in a useable team that i've ever seen in my life time. So when I say players i've seen, i mean in live games either on tv or in person. So for instance that would rule out Pele and Maradona from my team as i'm not old enough to have seen them. I did see Maradona at USA 94 but by then he wasn't the same player and got done for drugs mid tournament anyway.

So here goes :

GK: Buffon - best keeper i've seen live, watched him in person when he played for Parma and you could tell at that age he was the real deal. He's probably going to become Italy's all time capped player and you have admire that he stayed with Juve when they got relegated two divisions and brought them all the way back up.

LB: Maldini - has to be right? two footed (think he was actually naturally right footed) and is a one club man, won everything domestically and it's a big shame he never won anything with Italy.

CB: Baresi - another one club man, he was only 5ft9 but he invented the sweeper position with Sacchi and was the best defender i've ever seen.

CB Sammar - was amazing in Euro 96 and won the champs league with Dortmund, brilliant player and one of a handful of none attacking players to have won a ballon d'or (others are mostly German's too!).

Def Mid: Makalele - there's a reason this position is now called the 'makalele position'. He had a weird knack of being in the right place and bullying bigger players off the ball, then picking the right pass to get the team moving on.

CM/DM pivot: Pirlo - best passer i've seen, it still amazes me that Inter swapped him with Milan for an awful Argentinian winger and then after winning everything at Milan, they gave him to Juve for FREE! a double pivot with Makalele would just work wonders.

LWF: C.Ronaldo - glossy faced twat, greedy and very cringey, but amazing player.

AM: Zidane - was one of those players that would take the responsibility to go and win the game (98 WC final, Champs league final with Real, game against England in world cup i think). amazing player.

Striker: Ronaldo - best number 9 i've ever seen, it was between him and Van Basten, but Van Basten had to retire early and Ronaldo came back from his bad injuries to win a lot of stuff - the complete striker.

As you can see, heavily influenced by Serie A. When i was a kid that was the best league in the world. Let's see what you got..
I am 33 and can't argue with that team!

So here goes :

You've missed out Paul Scholes, everyone knows he's the best player ever!

Great team though.

Only one rag in the team can't be right.

Any all time greatest team would have to have at least 4/5 in it ;)

Neuer; Alves, Ferdinand, Puyol, Lahm; Pirlo, Xavi, Iniesta; Messi, Henry, Ronaldo.

Neuer is the best goalkeeper of all-time IMO.

Alves was ridiculously good going forward in that Barcelona team, best attacking full back of his generation. Ferdinand had everything really; pace, power, aggression, dominant in the air, read it well, so good on the ball. Puyol was a warrior, he could match any striker. Lahm is just a very classy and intelligent player.

Pirlo just edges Busquets (very under-rated) because his passing range was simply phenomenal and would have fit into that Barcelona team (which my team is heavily influenced by) like a glove. Xavi and Iniesta are the two best centre midfielders of all-time IMO, their record is unrivalled.

Messi and Ronaldo pick themselves. Henry is probably the best centre forward I've seen, he was unplayable and the best player the Premier League has seen.

Neuer; Alves, Ferdinand, Puyol, Lahm; Pirlo, Xavi, Iniesta; Messi, Henry, Ronaldo.

Neuer is the best goalkeeper of all-time IMO.

Alves was ridiculously good going forward in that Barcelona team, best attacking full back of his generation. Ferdinand had everything really; pace, power, aggression, dominant in the air, read it well, so good on the ball. Puyol was a warrior, he could match any striker. Lahm is just a very classy and intelligent player.

Pirlo just edges Busquets (very under-rated) because his passing range was simply phenomenal and would have fit into that Barcelona team (which my team is heavily influenced by) like a glove. Xavi and Iniesta are the two best centre midfielders of all-time IMO, their record is unrivalled.

Messi and Ronaldo pick themselves. Henry is probably the best centre forward I've seen, he was unplayable and the best player the Premier League has seen.
Yep, Les Ferdinand did possess all of them attributes, good choice.

So here goes :

Spot on with maybe swapping Maldini for sammar and Carlos at left back.... I'd probably have to go Iniesta over pirlo as well!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.