Zamparini - Palermo for sale

Ragnarok

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11865_6500733,00.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528, ... 33,00.html</a>

This quote from him pretty much sums up the situation in many leagues

"This decision is down to the fact that I feel defeated by a world where the sporting values are more and more forgotten, and where the economic and media power of three or four clubs - who want to divide the scudetto among themselves - reign.

Frustrated Palermo president Maurizio Zamparini has decided to put the Serie A club up for sale.

A 3-1 defeat to AC Milan on Wednesday was the final straw for the beleaguered supremo, who feels Italian football is weighted heavily in favour of the top sides.

He believes the midweek defeat at the San Siro saw several decisions go in favour of Milan, a prestigious club who are chasing the title.

Zamparini admits he will find it tough to part with Palermo, but believes he has taken the club as far as he can in the face on insurmountable challenges.

He posted a statement on the club's official website saying: "I have given the task to find an advisor that can be in charge of the sale of the shares of Palermo.
Tired

"My decision is clear even though I feel pain to leave the beautiful Palermo fans with whom I am very close to.

"Certainly the new owner of Palermo will have to be at the level to guarantee the aims of a great club.

"This decision is down to the fact that I feel defeated by a world where the sporting values are more and more forgotten, and where the economic and media power of three or four clubs - who want to divide the scudetto among themselves - reign.

"I am tired of fighting, especially considering my age. I hope to leave the club to young people that have the enthusiasm and the strength to fight in order to change for the better what I have not been able to achieve."

Zamparini bought Palermo in 2002 and led them to promotion to the Italian top flight two years later.

Uwe's 80s mullet said:
id take pastore off his hands!

I dont think this sale has anything to do with money , its more like the outgoing owner got tired of the Italian "Sky 4" controlling everything.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.