Bournemouth v City post match

As you say it's going to take time to perfect it.
It's also pretty obvious that certain players are catching on quicker than others.

For Pep's system to work perfectly there can be no one learning, no passengers. I think by this time next year we'll be clearly a step above most sides in Europe.
I doubt we'll ever quite have the dominance of Pep's other sides as our league is more volatile than others.
It's taken him time to adjust, he said as much himself.
When the ball is in the air, you can't control it.

We have become excellent at defending set pieces, and even score our fair share especially considering our size.

Times are really exciting and with the right recruitment in the summer, we will be dominant in my opinion.
At a time where Barcelona, Real Madrid and Bayern will be looking to reinvent their attack ours should be flourishing.

If we add well at full back, we'll have a pretty young defence, add a young replacement to replace or cover YaYa and compliment Fernandinho, we'll be right up their.

I'd expect us to add full backs in the mould of Kimich/Alaba rather than traditional full backs.
Totally agree with what you are saying there. We are 2nd in the league with a new manager getting to know it and players he's trying to mould into a new system.

Have they tried to pinch the goal off Aguero yet ?

Gary Neville has an angle which shows it going wide for a split second until the defender touches it & was keen for everyone to see it.

I'm hoping they might let it go, seeing as it was so close & sometimes a flick like that curves in a bit off the grass.

Great to see Sergio copying GJ & getting in at the near post on numerous occasions. Hope he keeps it up & doesn't slip back to edge of the box loafing, now Jesus has been ruled out. He will get a lot of touches near post with these wide players.

Have they tried to pinch the goal off Aguero yet ?

Gary Neville has an angle which shows it going wide for a split second until the defender touches it & was keen for everyone to see it.

I'm hoping they might let it go, seeing as it was so close & sometimes a flick like that curves in a bit off the grass.

Great to see Sergio copying GJ & getting in at the near post on numerous occasions. Hope he keeps it up & doesn't slip back to edge of the box loafing, now Jesus has been ruled out. He will get a lot of touches near post with these wide players.

If it does go down as an og then Aguero should get the assist.

Oh and Gary Neville wouldn't do something like that, would he? He's impartial don't you know?

We are indeed blessed currently. I could watch Merlins beautiful flick all day. Also up there is KDBs over the shoulder half pitch length pass to Raheem & many many others.

This is football, not that kick & rush crap to big conk & bog brush head played at the swamp.

True, of course.

Interesting point re 'assist' actually. I've never thought about that but technically it should be, if the goal is taken away.
I've thought this for a while but even the stats compilers that give an assist for the winner of a successful penalty kick don't seem to award an assist to a player that forces an OG - I suppose it could be contentious as to who actually gets the assist - take Nordveit's own goal when we played West Ham in the FA cup for example - does the assist for that go to Sagna (who crossed the ball in) or Sterling (who was the player closest to Nordveit applying pressure)? I'd give it to Sterling as imo without the pressure he puts the defender under it's routine enough work, Nordveit lets the ball run across him and helps it out for a throw on the far side - but I can imagine some would say that it should go to Sagna as the crosser and the last City player to touch the ball before Nordveit and to be fair, they'd have a point.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.