Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can understand the club not wanting to commemt on the Etihad Campus and Collar site. But I don't think they would lie about the NS expansion. Maybe they are? But I doubt it. There's no reason to.

FUTURE DEVELOPMENT/ATMOSPHERE
Q6. There was some reaction to the manager’s seeking more enthusiasm from supporters. “What do they expect?” was the view: you split the ground up with large corporate areas, silent supporters (with a code against being too enthusiastic), and then wonder at a poor atmosphere. If the manager thinks good support may help success, any extra income from corporate tickets (and matchday retail sales) may be offset by onfield lack of success. Redevelopment of the north end should not just add to the present underused corporate areas.

A6. Having a great atmosphere at the Etihad Stadium is important to the Club and there have been some great match atmospheres so far this season. Our events team put a lot of effort into activities around the game to create a special matchday experience for supporters of all ages. There are no immediate plans to redevelop the North Stand but as with all infrastructure developments at the stadium, the experience of fans and players will be at the heart of any works.

Not sure if you remember but shortly before the south stand extension was announced a local resident came on here and stated that City told them in a community meeting that there were no current plans for expansion. This was despite the rampant speculation on here.

A month later and the club officially announced the expansion.

I was at ICL Ashton from 83 to 90 - our paths may have crossed ;-)

You never know mate, I'm Phil Pollard

Joined ICL 74 at West Gorton, went to Ashton 79, left in 99, went back in 2000 with Celestica as it was then and worked in Italy, Ireland, Canada and Czechia where I met my Czech wife hence my username

We have a house near Prague but live here in Sandbach

I'm rather new to this debate, however, I go to and for the past twelve years been a season ticket holder travelling from West Sussex for all home games, Imo, There's not a chance the north stand being built until the transport system is greatly improved, the tram system is poor and positively discourages people (such as myself), from parking a distance away from the ground, the car parking provided is poorly managed. What's the point of increasing the capacity when the club, local authorities cannot improve what's there already.

Is this the stadium development thread or moan about empty seats even though it was sold out thread? I was expecting to read about the expansion and collar site not this load of crap.

Is this the stadium development thread or moan about empty seats even though it was sold out thread? I was expecting to read about the expansion and collar site not this load of crap.

I thought it was the Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread but my eyes must be playing tricks with me. I should have been a ref !

Found this nice 3D model today on the Internet.

image.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.