Chelsea Thread 16/17

I keep reading Spurs have an easy run in but Arsenal at home, United at home, West Ham away (their cup final) , Leicester away who have hit great form and Palace away makes me nervous. I can see us dropping some huge points along the way. Hopefully a top 3 finish and above Arsenal!!
Pretty sure St Totteringham day is getting cancelled this year bud.

The Matic change was important as there was lots of space that City broke into in the first half. It meant one less person, and Pedro did OK at fullback(ish)

The conservative style leading to no injuries theory seems sound to me - Leicester were the same last year; only a few charged up and down the pitch, and they picked the same XI each week as well. Very Italian!
I imagine it's more that the team who do the kicking are a lot less likely to get injured than the team who get kicked.

Great?
It was an important win.
Nothing great about it,imo.
No one can deny you are deserved champions this season,your team play as a disciplined unit,obvious class in important areas and a willingness to put a foot in whenever necessary because you really want to win.
Good luck to you.

It was a great result. I wasn't bothered about the performance so much as I just wanted to get the result. We can play better, though we always seem to look second best when we play City. Sometimes you make that dominance pay (battered us home and away last season) and sometimes we get our counterattack spot on, like this season.

How can you improve we know the style of play Conti plays Hazard is ideal for his system maybe someone better than Costa. Defensive wise you dont really need outstanding defenders when they have so much cover.

Are you happy with Conti style if football? Will you be happy with it if stuck in 4/5th in league and not winning nowt!?

We can improve on the players. We can get a better CB than Cahill. We can also upgrade on Alonso, and even Costa and Pedro/Willian. We'd be a different if we had better players executing Conte's plans.

Yeah I'm happy with it. We spend most games on the front foot, attacking, creating chances, scoring goals. We're not as free flowing as City, but we aren't bad to watch at all.

If I'm totally honest, I think City fans only mock Chelsea's style of football, with stuff like "I wouldn't want that week in week out" because it makes them feel better about themselves. If City were playing like WBA but flying high in the CL and the league, I doubt you'd get many complaints about "style of football".

I imagine it's more that the team who do the kicking are a lot less likely to get injured than the team who get kicked.

Chelsea fans are forever complaining that a Hazard gets kicked all over the pitch every game, yet in here he's a diving cheat who is never actually really fouled. So to your suggestion I'd say, well tell your players to stop diving then :)

We can improve on the players. We can get a better CB than Cahill. We can also upgrade on Alonso, and even Costa and Pedro/Willian. We'd be a different if we had better players executing Conte's plans.

Yeah I'm happy with it. We spend most games on the front foot, attacking, creating chances, scoring goals. We're not as free flowing as City, but we aren't bad to watch at all.

If I'm totally honest, I think City fans only mock Chelsea's style of football, with stuff like "I wouldn't want that week in week out" because it makes them feel better about themselves. If City were playing like WBA but flying high in the CL and the league, I doubt you'd get many complaints about "style of football".

Didn't Abramovitch sack a few managers for boring football? Maybe after last season he might think winning football and trophies is the way to go.

Thing is its all great when the teams winning when its not fans wont be happy with it.

Didn't Abramovitch sack a few managers for boring football? Maybe after last season he might think winning football and trophies is the way to go.

Thing is its all great when the teams winning when its not fans wont be happy with it.

Nope. Not even one. It's true that he has tried to appoint managers in the past who were instructed to play more attractive football (AVB, Scolari etc), but he has never sacked a manager purely because he wanted more attractive football.

That's true, but Chelsea don't play poor football IMO, so it's a moot point really.

I was surprised how many times Chelsea played the long high ball, almost a bit Leicester from last year.

Nope. Not even one. It's true that he has tried to appoint managers in the past who were instructed to play more attractive football (AVB, Scolari etc), but he has never sacked a manager purely because he wanted more attractive football.

That's true, but Chelsea don't play poor football IMO, so it's a moot point really.

Saying " that's true" therefore must make it true .... yeah right!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.