Mobile phone problem

JULES

ok we live in Ecuador, I got a nice nokia phone in the uk last week, am back home now. unlocked, it wont pick up a signal here, and for the life of me I cant get it to work. is it a lost cause or can it be fixed, would like some help on this as phones here are so, so expensive.

I am not a phone expert so I stand to be corrected. As I understand Ecuador's mobile frequency is 850, if you brought a phone in UK it will be 900 hence why no signal :-( I understand that it is not possible to change the frequency of the phone. But, like I say I am no expert, I could be wrong!!

Try taking the SIM card out and seeing of you can get some reception. Without the SIM card the phone will automtaically search for any available network it can connect to - but you can only make emergency calls.

Probably a bit cold.
Put it in the microwave for a minute to warm it up

Wh
ok we live in Ecuador, I got a nice nokia phone in the uk last week, am back home now. unlocked, it wont pick up a signal here, and for the life of me I cant get it to work. is it a lost cause or can it be fixed, would like some help on this as phones here are so, so expensive.
Which Nokia was it? most likely it usese different phone bands. Go and buy one of the cheap chinese android phones for £30 you cheapskate.

I am not a phone expert so I stand to be corrected. As I understand Ecuador's mobile frequency is 850, if you brought a phone in UK it will be 900 hence why no signal :-( I understand that it is not possible to change the frequency of the phone. But, like I say I am no expert, I could be wrong!!
ta mate

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.