Daily Mail Article (Pep allegedly wants improved atmosphere)

Remember the days of the Poznan? And Macini's team that didn't lose a single home game. We were battering everyone at home. Fast attacking football. De Jong & co smashing into the away team. It was f***ing superb! So were the atmospheres. We scored that many goals, in the end we burned the Poznan out. O.D.-ing on the Poznan!

Big game - check

Made up that we haven't sold our allocation-check

Try and unsettle fans -check

Sit back and reel you in -check

Same will happen all next week

It all changed when they started seling Strongbow Dark Fruit. :-?

Weird isn't it? We now get not far off double the crowds we were getting at the point that our support was so highly regarded as being loyal. All we get for that is the piss taken out of us for having shit attendances. Does my fucking head in if I'm honest.

It was inevitable. Once we started challenging they first went for our buying policies saying we'd never win anything with mercenaries , then they went for our earnings implying there was something immoral about generating income, now they're after our academy and next it'll be our corporate structure.

It was inevitable that they'd also try to undermine the one thing that none of the Liverpool/Arsenal/United axis could ever hope to emulate, the loyalty of our fans. What surprises me is that so many City fans are willing to jump on the bandwagon rather than calling it out for the ridiculous hypocrisy it is.

it wasnt rocking under pelle, i actually thought it was better under mancini. for the most part though we have played some really good stuff. if we get this style right i.e. games like monaco at home, arsenal at home. its some of the most exciting football I've seen in years. it didn't used to matter who played for us or if we played shit, the fans got behind the team, we weren't busy shitting ourselves. our fans have got lazy imo and have forgotten how to support the team especially when we need support.

we are 2-1 down and aren't playing well. do you just not get behind the team ? surely if we aren't playing well and the players need a lift the fans are the answer

It's not just us though.

Screaming endlessly these days is typically reserved for knuckle dragging piss head clubs like the dippers and celtic. You talk to those supporters and they typically couldn't even tell you how the game they watched went. I'd like to think football has slightly evolved past this. Crowds for the most part arent falling out of pubs for a 3pm kickoff anymore either.

Also, factor in frequency. We play more games than ever. At morning times. Late evenings. I wonder if the frequency has taken the bite out of football. Playing a team like say Newcastle isn't a novelty anymore as such, because we are constantly exposed to every game via tv/web etc. You've folk watching their team play against an opponent that has 3 players from their fantasy teams ffs. It's all become mushed into one big thing,and the novelty of each game has been lessened as a result.

Big game - check

Made up that we haven't sold our allocation-check

Try and unsettle fans -check

Sit back and reel you in -check

Same will happen all next week
do you think us match going fans really give a shite ?

let them scoff ,bullshit whatever,weaint going away,nor ever will.

I always say to them about my 9 year old who is on his 5 th year season card, " he's been to more games this year than you've been to in the last 10 years ",he's going on sunday ,I cant afford it but he wants to go so he's going,he will be there next Thursday v that shite in 318,bollox to the lot of them,come on bluesssssss

I hate shit like this. If you want improved atmosphere then lower the prices, simple.

It's not just us though.

Screaming endlessly these days is typically reserved for knuckle dragging piss head clubs like the dippers and celtic. You talk to those supporters and they typically couldn't even tell you how the game they watched went. I'd like to think football has slightly evolved past this. Crowds for the most part arent falling out of pubs for a 3pm kickoff anymore either.

Also, factor in frequency. We play more games than ever. At morning times. Late evenings. I wonder if the frequency has taken the bite out of football. Playing a team like say Newcastle isn't a novelty anymore as such, because we are constantly exposed to every game via tv/web etc. You've folk watching their team play against an opponent that has 3 players from their fantasy teams ffs. It's all become mushed into one big thing,and the novelty of each game has been lessened as a result.

really ? i wouldn't call it screaming. id call it getting behind the team/singing. something we will do on sunday. anfield is like a library. celtic is good because they have a stadnign section. mate i agree with some of what your saying and frequency probably does play a part. i think its primarily pricing though and not having enough 18-30 year olds ar games anymore. this discussion about atmosphere seems like a never ending one though.

really ? i wouldn't call it screaming. id call it getting behind the team/singing. something we will do on sunday. anfield is like a library. celtic is good because they have a stadnign section. mate i agree with some of what your saying and frequency probably does play a part. i think its primarily pricing though and not having enough 18-30 year olds ar games anymore. this discussion about atmosphere seems like a never ending one though.

Yeah, and for me the only way to fix it is to wow us. We've 30,000 cynics at every game who have been conditioned to fear the worst. But history has shown that if the team play the right way and with a passion, the crowd will get behind them. When Jesus and Sane tear the Arse apart, the poznan will rise again :-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.