Florida - Most cost effective way to visit..

Flying to Philly first will save on the flights.
Get the season pass for the parks. Advance will save money.
Rent a house. 3 weeks will be a bit cheaper and worth it. All day in a park and every evening will get to much. Most houses have pools and you get some good deals within 45 minutes of Disney etc etc.
Plus shopping, cooking is fun...
Hire a car/ minivan for the duration.
If there's going to be 22 of you a few houses is the way forward. 2 years ago we got a 5 bed house for 2k for 2 weeks. 400 quid per couple. 2 of them and you have a hell of a saving.

I've always found that Virgin is the most expensive airline and used Thomas Cook the last two times I visited
I also looked at the Dublin route but the fight times MCR/Dublin didn't suit

For flights put your details into Skyscanner and consider all, including routes such as
MCR-Paris- Orlando,
MCR-Amsterdam - Orlando
MCR- Atlanta- Orlando

If you need a car do a price comparison on Travel Supermarket, but you're not going to get any change out of £400

A great site for tips and links to special offers is, The Dibb

https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/

Browsing that one year there was a link to an offer of a GMC SUV that cost less than £200 for two weeks
Fucking hell that was some vehicle. It made an X5 seem like a Fiesta
Thomas Cook? My seat wasn't even attached to the fucking plane - seriously, the seat pads are TAPED to the frames, and the adhesive had worn out. Some of their planes are converted ex Cargo aircraft I found out. Got free TV for the flight, though.

Jesus man I must be getting old. Granted, we used to go to Burnham on Sea and rent a caravan when I was a kid, but it did me no harm and i still look back at it fondly. £7500 for a holiday? Is it just me? Cant be, shirley. i havent ever spent that much on a car

I shall ask my sister for you boss, she basically lives there with her kids.... i never got to go to fucking disney world, i now have a genuine vendetta against your innocent kids haha, lucky buggers.

i'll pm her now on faceshit but she will have good info.

On a side note the only time my dad was really taken aback and was fucking properly perplexed was when my sister said how much it costs to go to the tourist traps in Florida. This is a well off man who is not greedy but fuck if i didn't fall on my arse laughing when my sister said a 5 digit number to him for a top end 2 week jaunt, his face was just fucking priceless. He paid for it as he promised but that was the last time he offered to pay for her hols. Cheeky fucker my eldest sister, fucking useless!

lol, you need 7.5k of firearms just to get to the fucking house.

all you need is a big 4 door car with tinted windows. The locals will think your a cop.
It worked for us when we went to the projects in Chicago to blaze up.
Although I wasn't driving and had no say in it, but I almost killed the twat that thought it would be a good idea.

all you need is a big 4 door car with tinted windows. The locals will think your a cop.
It worked for us when we went to the projects in Chicago to blaze up.
Although I wasn't driving and had no say in it, but I almost killed the twat that thought it would be a good idea.
I can imagine your face mate 'are you fucking serious'.

Last edited:
We regularly go to Orlando but I'm coming from Texas so it's a bit more economical than what you face. I would recommend you pick up the Walt Disney World Unofficial Guide as it has information and tips galore that will help you successfully plan your trip, both before you leave and as you tour the parks. Going off-season really helps with the crowds and is a great idea if the kids are not of school age. Another thing you need to decide is to stay on or off property as there are pros and cons each way. If cost is the main consideration then off property is probably the way to go as there are many good hotel options (see above Guide). If you have a large group, you'll also face some serious challenges with regard to what to do in the park as it is tough to get a consensus out of a large group. My best advice is no matter what, get to the parks early and hit the marquee attractions before the crowd builds. Take a break from touring in the middle of the day when it gets hot/crowded and go back to the hotel. Then come back for the nighttime stuff.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.