Jadon Sancho

Status
Not open for further replies.
Leipzig can fuck off. Another year in the EDS will do our 3 starlets no harm, hopefully with a few cup games. If they show enough in their cup games to merit more senior starts..?
Foden's not even played 1 single game in the EDS yet but we get people demanding he gets game time in the 1st team. I'm presuming that's because he's just not ready physically to play against much bigger and sometimes much older guys. Sancho and Brahim are both stronger built at the moment.

Foden's not even played 1 single game in the EDS yet but we get people demanding he gets game time in the 1st team. I'm presuming that's because he's just not ready physically to play against much bigger and sometimes much older guys. Sancho and Brahim are both stronger built at the moment.

To be honest even the EDS wouldn't be that great of a judgement as to whether players are ready for the first team. If anything it stifles a players development from U18 to first team in my opinion. It's done Humphreys, Adarabioyo, Angelino, Ambrose, Nemane etc... no favours, even with someone as solid as Maffeo who got a cup game, it's taken a loan move for first team football to know if they're ready. So people suggesting Foden, Brahim, Sancho being fast tracked, i'm not completely against the idea of giving them some cup minutes, other than that a solid loan move for first team football is the answer. Until the FA/Premier League get that step in development sorted out, the EDS is a waste of time.

To be honest even the EDS wouldn't be that great of a judgement as to whether players are ready for the first team. If anything it stifles a players development from U18 to first team in my opinion. It's done Humphreys, Adarabioyo, Angelino, Ambrose, Nemane etc... no favours, even with someone as solid as Maffeo who got a cup game, it's taken a loan move for first team football to know if they're ready. So people suggesting Foden, Brahim, Sancho being fast tracked, i'm not completely against the idea of giving them some cup minutes, other than that a solid loan move for first team football is the answer. Until the FA/Premier League get that step in development sorted out, the EDS is a waste of time.
Don't think I'd go that far tbh, Foden for instance has never played against anyone older than 17 (as far as I'm aware), whereas at U23's level you can find yourself up against 30 odd year old seasoned professionals.

There's no doubt that there is a problem and although it's not popular with a lot of PL fans as well as the lower leagues fans then I can't see any other solution then slotting them into the pyramid somehow.

I don't see why he would go to Germany to be honest.

He is a massive fan of Sterling and Pep. I am sure he is one of the youngsters that will be going to the US. The pre-season tour is not to be underestimated it is preseason but we will be playing some top teams in sold out stadiums. We play Real Madrid in LA in a stadium that fits 93k. It will be a massive test for the youngsters. If he impresses there I don't see why Pep wouldn't give him a few appearances and maybe a start in the cup. Pep has said it himself if the quality is there, the player will get his chance. Sancho looks like he might be one of those exceptional talents.

Don't think I'd go that far tbh, Foden for instance has never played against anyone older than 17 (as far as I'm aware), whereas at U23's level you can find yourself up against 30 odd year old seasoned professionals.

There's no doubt that there is a problem and although it's not popular with a lot of PL fans as well as the lower leagues fans then I can't see any other solution then slotting them into the pyramid somehow.
If B teams don't get accepted, then make it compulsory that each team (all 92 league teams) has to have 1 or 2 club trained players under the age of 21 in their match day squad of 18.

I don't see why he would go to Germany to be honest.

He is a massive fan of Sterling and Pep. I am sure he is one of the youngsters that will be going to the US. The pre-season tour is not to be underestimated it is preseason but we will be playing some top teams in sold out stadiums. We play Real Madrid in LA in a stadium that fits 93k. It will be a massive test for the youngsters. If he impresses there I don't see why Pep wouldn't give him a few appearances and maybe a start in the cup. Pep has said it himself if the quality is there, the player will get his chance. Sancho looks like he might be one of those exceptional talents.

If Jadon's development trajectory carries on as it, Leipzig will have him as a regular in 18 months. That's why he would go to Germany.

He could have a similar introduction as Sane did at Shalke in that by the time he was 18-19 he was a regular.

The whole culture at Leipzig is built around building teams out of the next best talents.

At City, as much as we want our youth development to succeed, the chances of Jadon playing regularly for us by the time he is 21 let alone 18 is very slim. He already has Sane in front of him and with Nolito likely leaving Pep will already be looking st a top quality addition.

If Jadon's development trajectory carries on as it, Leipzig will have him as a regular in 18 months. That's why he would go to Germany.

He could have a similar introduction as Sane did at Shalke in that by the time he was 18-19 he was a regular.

The whole culture at Leipzig is built around building teams out of the next best talents.

At City, as much as we want our youth development to succeed, the chances of Jadon playing regularly for us by the time he is 21 let alone 18 is very slim. He already has Sane in front of him and with Nolito likely leaving Pep will already be looking st a top quality addition.

And if his development trajectory carries on as is, he will be an important squad player for us in 18 months, playing with some of the best players in the world, under one of the best managers in the world, winning trophies and achieving star status in his homeland.

or he can go to Germany, a foreign land and learn a language that is notoriously difficult to learn for Native English speakers, risk not settling properly, maybe get a starting spot for a good team that every other club in the league absolutely despises and will in the best case scenario challenge Bayern for the league.

And if his development trajectory carries on as is, he will be an important squad player for us in 18 months, playing with some of the best players in the world, under one of the best managers in the world, winning trophies and achieving star status in his homeland.

or he can go to Germany, a foreign land and learn a language that is notoriously difficult to learn for Native English speakers, risk not settling properly, maybe get a starting spot for a good team that every other club in the league absolutely despises and will in the best case scenario challenge Bayern for the league.

I am not a German speaker but with German and English part of the the family of Germanic languages I don't see it being that hard to learn.

However, I do hope you are right.

I want this lad to be a City player just as much as anyone, it's just that I don't currently trust City to bring him through when he should.

I am not a German speaker but with German and English part of the the family of Germanic languages I don't see it being that hard to learn.

However, I do hope you are right.

I want this lad to be a City player just as much as anyone, it's just that I don't currently trust City to bring him through when he should.

I get where you are coming from. He has been really impressive for the England u17s, if he impresses during the pre season and Pep doesn't give him a chance I would completely understand him leaving but right now I think its a little premature to make such a big career move.

woodburn at liverpool 335 minutes so far. alexander-arnold turned 18 during the season and has 591 minutes played. its okay as well to expand this to the 17 year olds of 3 years ago. where was their opportunity? they are now the 19-20 year olds and havent been given a proper chance. thinking back to notable names: denayer, pozo, garcia, maffeo, angelino, barker etc. the fact that denayer hasnt been given a shot yet tells you all you need to know.

Every year its "different" the talents are even more "special", but really that doesnt mean anything unless they are put on the pitch and given time. look at rashford for god sake.

to try and keep on topic, sancho looks really good. before pep goes out and buys nolito v2 on a 3 year contract at 100k/week he should look hard at sancho/brahim/foden

So just Woodburn.

3 years ago is irrelevant, we have a different manager now, and you'll have trouble naming 16/17 year olds playing for the top 6 back then too.

Adarabioyo, Angelino, Maffeo, A.Garcia, Brahim have played 900 mins this season. That's better than previous years. I'm sure it would have been more had we not had trouble finishing teams off at home.

Denayer has played a a lot more on loan than he would have done here. Most clubs do what we have done with him. How many loans did Kane have?
It's also easier to blood young strikers but the fact of the matter is our youth teams haven't had good strikers, esp. with Ambrose being injured.

The one player of the previous batch who was good enough to be a part of our squad, and who played at 17/18 yrs old, was Rony Lopes. I'm sure Pep would have used him more than MP did. This is the one big fuck up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.