David Silva - 2016/17 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is this the ritual kicking that has taken its toll on Silva this season.

Refs give him next to no protection and this sums up the neanderthal approach to football in this country.

It's no wonder we are unable to produce any fucker with an ounce of technical ability. Can yer run fast, are yer big? Fuck all else matters it would seem. So sad!

Surely though, there is no need for David to play in those friendlies for Spain. Go and have a nice break instead.

Is this the ritual kicking that has taken its toll on Silva this season.

Refs give him next to no protection and this sums up the neanderthal approach to football in this country.

It's no wonder we are unable to produce any fucker with an ounce of technical ability. Can yer run fast, are yer big? Fuck all else matters it would seem. So sad!

Surely though, there is no need for David to play in those friendlies for Spain. Go and have a nice break instead.

I mentioned the targeting of his right ankle to my Rag mate and when we happen to watch the odd City game together he now shouts "right ankle again!" Whenever someone does Silva.

It's funny how obvious it is. Makes me very angry as he's the best player to watch in the league.

I mentioned the targeting of his right ankle to my Rag mate and when we happen to watch the odd City game together he now shouts "right ankle again!" Whenever someone does Silva.

It's funny how obvious it is. Makes me very angry as he's the best player to watch in the league.

It's a systematic destruction of greatness.

Glad you watch him so closely. Thought I was the only one. He's pretty good isn't he? Disciplined in his play as well which many wouldn't appreciate.

Usually I actually watch the game, but every now and then I spend five minutes just watching him. you can learn so much about a player if you watch him when he doesn't have the ball, what he does with it when he gets it and what he does when he releases it again.

I know what you mean about the discipline too - it's as though he makes half a movement to make a run but then checks himself. I'm never sure whether that's following team instructions or whether he just thought better of it.

I think he is the best player I have ever seen play for City and I think he is the best player playing in the league right now

Wonderful, wonderful player. Best player ever in a City shirt and I have following City for 60 years. But must be crap because he doesn't make Crooks team of the season.

Wonderful, wonderful player. Best player ever in a City shirt and I have following City for 60 years. But must be crap because he doesn't make Crooks team of the season.

Teams that finished 4th, 5th, and 7th all get one in, but not the team that finished 3rd. Silva even played 500 more minutes in the league than Coutinho!

I hope we're honest with our transfer targets and clarify that they may win trophies with us but not to expect any such national recognition. Could be a deal breaker for Sanchez, for example. :-)

Just imagine giving that team talk.

"Right lads, Silva runs their team and is their best player but he's had sustained issues with his right ankle. Take turns to target it and that will disrupt how they play".

If that is actually the case then he could, and should, wear more protection on it. He doesn't - he just wears the bog standard tiny shin pads without any ankle protection whatsoever.

So I doubt Merlin or the club think his ankle is being specifically targeted or they'd be taking steps to stop it.

If that is actually the case then he could, and should, wear more protection on it. He doesn't - he just wears the bog standard tiny shin pads without any ankle protection whatsoever.

So I doubt Merlin or the club think his ankle is being specifically targeted or they'd be taking steps to stop it.

May just be his choice. I'm no David Silva and I found those ankle protectors restrictive and unnatural to play in.
I broke my ankle or tore the ankle ligaments several times and even had reconstructive surgery on my right ankle.
I still never wore those ankle protectors, having said that I'm sure the equipment at his disposal is far greater than JJB Sports..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.