Khaldoon interview

Summary or transcript for those at work? :)

Might take a short while but here we go:

First a tribute to the Manchester bombing. Then onto the questions:

Interviewer (I): What's your summary of the season?
Khaldoon (K): Under normal circumstances ending the season without a trophy would be a disappointment but it's not, it really isn't. I think, while I would say not winning the league, not being within close range of winning the league is no doubt a disappointment. Not winning either the FA Cup or the Capital One Cup is also a disappointment. We are a team every year that expects to win 1 trophy and then to go further every year in the Champions League. So from that perspective the season has been a disappointment.

However, if you look at it from a different lens, we are truly going in a direction that is positive, I am very excited how we are developing as a team. How Pep has taken the squad and really started that process of going through that natural cycle of development, we've gone through several cycles over the last 9 years and we're going through one now but you can see where we're going. I have high confidence that we're going in the right direction, you've seen many glimpses of that, a type of football that is very entertaining, that I think the fans will grow to love. The results will come I have no doubt the results will come.

I: Do you think Pep was taken by surprise by the Premier League?
K: I think the Premier League is a unique league and we say that all the time, it is a very demanding league, very physical and the number of games is non stop. Unlike any other league in the world, you have no less than 7 or 8 teams that are top level and on top of that you have 20 teams, where frankly you can play any team in this league, home and away, and I can tell you neither match is an easy match or a given 3 points.

I think Pep has introduced a new way to play for us, an exciting way but a way that requires work and a set of players that function within that system. Probaby if I look back on the last season that puzzle wasn't complete and I hope we will support Pep this summer in completing that puzzle.

more transcript to come...

I think we can safely say that Joe will never be back at the club and that his leaving has left a very bitter taste in everyone's mouth, Khaldoon's included.

Were man city we will spend what we want....great 1st part...the man is so cool and collective...who would not want to come to god's own club when this man sits you down and has a chat ...and to think there's loads out there that think the Arabs will up sticks and run...just point them to this video...

There's going to be some sad faces because he hasn't taken Pep to task for not winning any silverware.
He's a cool customer is our Khaldoon, the club is lucky to have him.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.