Khaldoon interview

@Akiva

I: Which takes us to the process of how we recruit, at how we look at players' futures. Presumably it is fanciful that when we look at English newspapers and we see that 'Pep Guardiola will be given £200m, £150m or City will be given a £300m war chest.' I mean presumably it's not that...

K: No, it's a little bit more sophisticated than that. First of all I want to say that it is a process that is continuous, it's part of our day to day operation, it's working everyday, scouting is everyday, all season long. The manager is thinking about the squad everyday, not at the beginning of the season or end of the season but everyday. Txiki, Brian Marwood, everyone in our football operations is thinking about it everyday. That thinking evolves throughout the year to a point where decisions are made and a direction is decided and that is a decision that involves scouting from the beginning; the manager decides the position that needs to be filled, the players that are leaving and if there is anyone coming in. With the support of Txiki, Brian and our scouting network, there is a plan that comes together, a discussion that happens with Ferran, myself, an agreement, an alignment and then a final endorsement with his highness Sheikh Mansour that gives us the green light to proceed. So it's a continuous process and it didn't start monday after the season ended, it's been going on since the beginning.

I: I'm intrigued by that conversation. Do you knock on his highness' door and put your head around and go we've got the list?

K: Well you know because it is a continuous process, it is a continuous conversation between me and his highness. Sheikh Mansour asks for regular updates on how our thinking is evolving, so he is also in the process, directly in the process, so he knows where we are going, so there is no surprises. By the time I come with say a final list, our final recommendations, he's been aware from the beginning of where we are heading directionally. It's not me showing up one day 'this is the list, these are the players and we're going', no Sheikh Mansour is from the beginning part of the process and I keep him up to date, exactly how Pep's thinking is going and how the group is supporting him and his thinking.

more transcript to follow...

This.

Love this guy and his interviews and i don't think i have been disappointed once , we are very lucky.

Maybe we should give him a shout or two at the games next season. Owner has his, the manager as well. Let's hear it for Khaldoon.

That says to me Hart behind the scenes was mischievous or boat rocking

Ive heard rumours of certain things and behaviours but they are just that, rumours so im not going to even discuss them as i dont know any facts.

What is clear though is his career with us is most definitely over.

Sad for it to end in such a way.

Nothing and thats the crux of it.

Montages of each player going apart from one!

Khaldoon thanked everyone leaving except for one player!

Surely Khaldoon was thanking those players who have definitely left the club unless I am mistaken Joe Hart has not yet left the club and therefore is still a City player. It was noticeable that his future was not discussed unlike Yaya so I think it is clear that he is going and when he does I am sure Khaldoon will speak in glowing terms

Surely Khaldoon was thanking those players who have definitely left the club unless I am mistaken Joe Hart has not yet left the club and therefore is still a City player. It was noticeable that his future was not discussed unlike Yaya so I think it is clear that he is going and when he does I am sure Khaldoon will speak in glowing terms
Correct.

Crap interview tbh...Mr bailey didnt ask the burning question that every blue wants to know....are we getting a new kit supplier?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.