Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't see them doing aesthetic work to that degree. There is unlikely to be a commercial value in doing so. Bayern have the colour changing shell and Allianz back them commercially. We already have a backer that sponsors other stadia and we aren't going to kick Etihad from our stadium. Having a larger stadium makes commercial sense but I am guessing the cost of the south stand expansion isnt yet financially justified so they're holdong off for some on pitch success to no doubt expand the north stand offer a few cheap family seats and drive prices up elsewhere. Ploughing millions into a shell that changes colour isnt worthwhile. It has been done before and it is an after thought. Designing ot in from day dot makes sense not retro fitting. We shall see.

The stadium isn't what our owners would want for us particularly but it is still a lot better than most and it is the football that brings in the money not a pretty stadium.

The Allianz does not back Bayern... Some years ago they paid 110 million Euros for a 8% share of the club and the name rights in the Allianz Arena until 2041 for which they paid around 6 millions every season (Veltins, the Schalke sponsor pays as much for the name rights for the Veltins Arena).

The lights... Philips lighting is one of the sponsors of Bayern...
http://www.philips.com/a-w/about/ne...-kicks-off-the-season-with-play-of-light.html

They will be lighting partner for the new Atletico Madrid stadium, too....

Philips_Lighting_Atletico_Madrid_Exterior.jpg

I've said this in various Manchester threads that we need a world class landmark. We have lots going for us in terms of small attractions, John Rylands, Chethams, Shambles, Castlefield etc but nothing on a scale of, say, Paris. Personally I would flatten Piccadilly Gardens and build something there but I'd certainly live with it on the Etihad Complex.

Regarding Yas Island I had to Google and it came up with this thread (!!) but do you mean this sort of thing?

f287e29ab66f6cd91e3957b966c81749.jpg

It's a pity that the new airport terminal is such a bland design.
http://bit.ly/2scQ0qG

The Allianz does not back Bayern... Some years ago they paid 110 million Euros for a 8% share of the club and the name rights in the Allianz Arena until 2041 for which they paid around 6 millions every season (Veltins, the Schalke sponsor pays as much for the name rights for the Veltins Arena).

The lights... Philips lighting is one of the sponsors of Bayern...
http://www.philips.com/a-w/about/ne...-kicks-off-the-season-with-play-of-light.html

They will be lighting partner for the new Atletico Madrid stadium, too....

Philips_Lighting_Atletico_Madrid_Exterior.jpg

So what your saying is Allianz DO back Bayern. Thought so.

Before extending the north stand how about improving the south stand. Bluemoon has had loads of grumbles about getting in and out of level 3 in the south stand would it be possible to construct a spiral to serve level 3.

Watched the 3 interviews with Khaldoon. No update. Must mean that stadium extension is at a minimum a season away. Otherwise you'd think they'd mention it.

It has been mentioned that it would start once work on dressing rooms and tunnel had been completed but if anything was in the pipeline, I would have thought it would have been said

Watched the 3 interviews with Khaldoon. No update. Must mean that stadium extension is at a minimum a season away. Otherwise you'd think they'd mention it.

It has been mentioned that it would start once work on dressing rooms and tunnel had been completed but if anything was in the pipeline, I would have thought it would have been said

Could be wrong but doesn't planning permission only run for 3 years ?' If so if City havent put a spade in the ground by August they will have to re- apply ? Associate of mine was involved in the South Stand seemed to think it would start this summer but last contact with him was in October, so as nothing has been released by the club looks like it's been put back for now. He understood that the tunnel club project was implemented to increase corporate revenue streams so that once the North Stand was built there would be no need for corporate streams, but all gone quite since October so not sure what the latest time scale is . Have hearrd that City have become almost paranoid with info and photos being taken leaked from the tunnel club with contractors being dismissed if their involved so could be why my contact suddenly has gone quite if same applies to the North Stand project.

Just be on the Stadium tour. The guys running it were pretty black and white re the North Stand:

".........we are all ready to go and there is nothing stopping us starting......"

"..........the decision to start is entirely down to the Seasoncard waiting list reaching a number that means the extension will essentially sell out........"

"........the club are sensitive about the number of times the ground looks like it is nowhere near full - they are not going to make that worse by having the North Stand with large gaps............."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.