It's Quiet - a new dawn

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not going to have a go at ITK's as I'm sure they post in good faith but it's Tixxi that concerns me. Two seasons running he has every indication of a player set to sign then only to find they change their mind. Players Pep wanted but the club failed to provide. Tixxi's responsiblity is to provide those players convincing them we are the best option. Dealing with Levy is notoriously difficult but as the FB positions are key to how Pep plays then he should have asked what Levy would accept at the end of the season and got it done. Same with Mendy. This dragging it our does not benefit us and reduces preparation time. Cook managed to get a player who had recently win 2 PL's and CL yet with Tixxi it's always a battle.

Genuine question now, not being arse or flapping - but isnt this where having so much money should put us at an advantage? If we want a player, why do we not just grease the palms of him and his agent and any other relevant hangers on as necessary to put us ahead of any other suitors?
Because we have standards,we don't bribe anyone to come here anymore

As a club you have to trust a player not to go back on his word, if he does like it seems Alves may have done (if the stories are true) then you've had a lucky escape.

You don't want someone in the squad or team who you can't trust, it doesn't matter whether they're Neymar or Ged Brennan the personal morals of a player are just as important. Hence my dislike of a couple of current squad members.

Sorry not just referring to Alves. Bernardo Silva was the one for me. No one knows whats going on. We need to stop listening to these ITKs that purport to be connected.

Or we can listen to them and take what they say at face value.

There has been many occasions when people on here have passed on information that has turned out to be correct. I personally like reading information that people have passed on. If it turns out to be correct information then great if not then it's no loss at all is it.

I'm not going to have a go at ITK's as I'm sure they post in good faith but it's Tixxi that concerns me. Two seasons running he has every indication of a player set to sign then only to find they change their mind. Players Pep wanted but the club failed to provide. Tixxi's responsiblity is to provide those players convincing them we are the best option. Dealing with Levy is notoriously difficult but as the FB positions are key to how Pep plays then he should have asked what Levy would accept at the end of the season and got it done. Same with Mendy. This dragging it our does not benefit us and reduces preparation time. Cook managed to get a player who had recently win 2 PL's and CL yet with Tixxi it's always a battle.

he can't make people come. Our successes with KDB, Sane, Sterling, Jesus, Gundogan, Stones, Bernardo as well as many in the academy we've convinced to come shows we do a very, very good job at putting an enticing prospect on the table. There have been 2 instances that for very particular reasons a player has decided against it, just 2. You will never convince everyone to buy in, and even when you do (as we clearly did then) there is sometimes a personal reason that just prevents the move from happening. It's really harsh and unfair to criticise someone because they essentially can't conduct mind control on every single target. The fact we were so close on even the failures shows you how hard, and how well we worked, occasionally it's just not meant to be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.