Centre back options

I would not quite say that (not that he can't do all those roles but rather we should not have to rely on him to cover all those positions), but he would make a good backup choice for both the CB and CM roles. Still if we bought him, Alderweireld, Walker, Mendy, Bellerin*, Fabinho and Lloris** then I think we would have pretty strong (and one with a reasonable amount depth) backline, something like this:

Ederson/Lloris/Bravo

Walker/Bellerin - Kompany/Alderweireld - Stones/Alaba/Otamendi*** - Alaba/Mendy

Fabinho/Fernandinho/Alaba/Gündoğan/Touré
Thoughts?

*With Alves (sadly) doing to PSG, the importance of such a signing has dramatically increased.

**Even if the rumours have cooled any link between him and the club. City still need to sign the player

***Only if we cannot get another experenced CB like Bonucci or Boateng

When you add the fact Alaba played very well under Pep and how the latter admired the player. It makes perfect sense for City to obtain him, better in fact then getting Sandero. Especially if Bayern are going to go though a lean period (relatively speaking) over the coming years.

Aside from having the 2 Silvas, KDB, Sane, Jesus and Aguero (plus possibly Sanchez) with that lot would mean we have too many foreign players.

It's amazing really. Apparently Bonucci had fallen out with Allegri and wanted to stay in Italy. Amazing deal for Milan though.

Incredible deal for Milan.

May have possible handed them the title if they can add Aubemeyang now.

Stunning transfer from Milan

Not so keen on pushing FFP now though are they? Wankers

Could it be that we haven't moved to sign a centre back yet because we're waiting to assess Kompany's fitness, to see how he reacts to a grueling pre season regime? He could play up to 7 games, including friendlies, before the transfer window closes. I dont think Kompany's fitness, will influence whether we buy another centre back. We clearly cannot rely him staying fit even if he copes well with pre season. But it might make a big difference to the type of centre back we buy. And how much we're prepared to pay.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.