Centre back options

I hope we don't sign any CB.
Unless it's Boateng, or Varane. Top talent is top talent. In fairness we didn't need Bernardo either as we had 3 options at AM and was likely to sign a third option in Sanchez for the wide position. Yet I love that we got Bernado.

If we get a truly WC CB I'd be happy too. I just don't think the position is a need. And I find those who think its a paramount need a bit silly. But WC players at any position are always welcomed. :)

Unless it's Boateng, or Varane. Top talent is top talent. In fairness we didn't need Bernardo either as we had 3 options at AM and was likely to sign a third option in Sanchez for the wide position. Yet I love that we got Bernado.

If we get a truly WC CB I'd be happy too. I just don't think the position is a need. And I find those who think its a paramount need a bit silly. But WC players at any position are always welcomed. :)
We're an injury to Kompany away from being fucked. It's absolutely essential we strengthen this position and I'd be willing to bet that we will.

I might be in the minority but I really don't want us to sell Otamendi. He looked amazing alongside Vinnie. Far better than Stones and Kolarov do.
I think he was excellent next to kompany but the problem is will kompany be next to him most matches? Kompany is so good he makes anyone next to him look much better then they are same will go for stones if he was to partner him next year. I would stick with what we have and strengthen it CB next season. If kompany stays fit tosin, stones, kolarov and otamendi are plenty of cover.

We're an injury to Kompany away from being fucked. It's absolutely essential we strengthen this position and I'd be willing to bet that we will.
No we are not. We are an injury away from not having a top 5 defender. But we have a top 20 defender in Ota and a rising star in Stones. And then a good backup in Kolarov.

Its just fallacious the belief that we'd we'd be fucked without Kompany. We won't. Especially if we have a keeper who saves more than 2 of every 20 shots he faces. And athletic fullbacks with the speed and defensive aggression to help.

With Kompany we'd have the best defense. Without him only Spurs and Chelsea will have better defenses.

And in fairness, our possession and offense is what spurs our defense.

But again, if we can get Boateng or Varane, I'll be all for it. But for almost everyone else, it would be a like for like substitution or an inferior exchange.

Meaning Otamendi is on the same level as Koulibally, Chiellinin, Sokratis, and the like.

And he is far better than the likes of Bonucci, Sahko and some other hideous suggestion that have been made over the last few months.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.