Welcome Douglas Luiz

As for Douglas Luiz himself, I think it would be nice to see him on the tour of possible.

It seems the obvious path is a loan to Girona but if we're sending the kid away in the hope he works hard, develops and comes back, why not give him a taste of what he's supposed to be working towards?

Plus you never know, the Alves situation has given us a foreign player spot we weren't expecting to have and if the kid impresses enough that Pep feels he could use him, he could stick around.

We got the better player and deal. But it was still quite expensive for a 29 year-old. Tim was right in thinking the better value was the guy who was already on the national team and is 5-6 years younger.

So Tim was right but turned out to be wrong?? Gotcha

I know your South American pedigree (:, what's the insight on this kid?

So Tim was right but turned out to be wrong?? Gotcha

I know your South American pedigree (:, what's the insight on this kid?
Never heard of him. But our resident S.American experts on the transfer forum are all to a man in agreement that he is the dogz bollocks. When @rdfporcazzo, @Higor Douglas, and @Divino da Guia all agree a prospect is top class my ears tend to perk up.

I think he'll replace the Ferns and Yaya next year. I don't think he is a. "to be sold" prospect.

And to the irrelevant part: No Tim was right on Dihno being expensive, and was reasonable to conclude the younger, more accomplished and cheaper player was a better deal. In retrospect he was wrong. But not about the expense though.

Last edited:
Personally, I always hope that our scouting & management team are in full control of their professional duties & that every signing will turn out to be a good one. So I say welcome Douglas to the finest club in the world & I hope you are very successful here.

Could these be the signings that we've been begging the club to make ahead of Porto? Let's see in a few years time.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.