New Dr Who

That post may be changed or altered to ..... she would never put diesel in it .....

As long as comments are respectful and appropriate,then nothing will get deleted or changed.

Due to contravening the CoC,the first attempted thread on this topic was removed yesterday,so lets try and keep this one.....cheers ;-

I have a large family and group of friends and non of them watch Dr Who, so the question is who the fuck does watch this utter shite.

I have a large family and group of friends and non of them watch Dr Who, so the question is who the fuck does watch this utter shite.

Me. Like when I watched pro wrestling, I found Doctor Who an escape from my troubles. If you look in to the plots and storylines then there's a great deal in there about morality, human nature etc. The Doctor is essentially a good person who protects us as he likes humans. Traditional Doctors are a bit dry, sarcastic and bad tempered. It'll be interesting to see Jodie Whittaker's take on it.

Doctor Who was a good family show too. Mum would have it on after we had tea on a Saturday.

Doctor Who is one of those series which I appreciate but do not watch. I know that there are a few themes and story-lines which are really up my street but I think I got put off by a couple of those Ecclestone/Piper episodes (dodgy acting and bad comedy); I saw a couple of the Matt Smith ones, which were excellent (even one with James Corden!) and a brilliant one with David Tenant involving a cyborg gunslinger in the wild west. All-in-all, though, it's probably a bit too 'family entertainment' for my tastes - I prefer my sci-fi a bit darker.

Nevertheless, I'm glad it does well as it introduces new generations to sci-fi and seems to appeal to a broad demographic. It also makes the BBC a shitload of money from American viewers.

Having the first female doctor doesn't seem to be an issue to me; if the doctor had always been defined as a male then the complaints would be fair, but as far as I know it has always been gender neutral anyway. Maybe the BBC is trying too hard to make a statement, but if the end goal is that the show tries something new, stays fresh and also appeals to female fans then perhaps the ends justify the means.

Billy Piper was the only reason to watch in recent times. Before her there was the lovely Peri.

Piper.jpg

6fc48fe860aaca1e9372dc903cd3e0f2.jpg

Am I watching for the right reasons though?

I bet male actors were auditioned too. Richard Ayode (sp) was a favourite. I also guarantee he'd have been persecuted due to the colour of his skin.

You wouldn't mess with him. In the SAS or something during WWII wasn't he?

On the subject of Jodie Whittaker I fancied the arse off her in Broadchurch, so I'm in

Pertwee was in naval inteligence working with Ian Flemming I think, 3, 4, 5 8, war, 9 and capaldi were probably my favourite doctors, and I expect with her record Jodie will do a good job.

Tennant got on my tits, but that was probably down to RTD shite story arcs, though moffat has wasted Capaldi's tallent, with some shite stories too. Chinbal who did broadchurch in charge now so hopefully it will be decent.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.