Transfer fee inflation. Who's ruining football?

Prestwich_Blue

Even at the inflation-adjusted prices of £109m and £60m Aguero and Dave still look like bargains though I'm less certain about Adebayor at £73m. ;-)

I've been having this argument on fb with some reds. Apparently only real figures matter, you aren't allowed to guesstimate any figures and them paying 37 mil in wages back in 2000 vs us 9 mil is nothing...

Has anyone done something similar with wages? I mean Robson was on 170 k a year in 1988 and then a few years later Cantona on 10k a week, then Keane 50K a week

how the heck is aguero 25 millions above carroll when transfer happened year later for 3mil. more

how the heck is aguero 25 millions above carroll when transfer happened year later for 3mil. more
Dunno but if you read the article it does say that the average price dropped on three separate occasions so if Aguero was on one of those occasions it could explain it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.