City's Global Fanbase

I am from China,been here for more than a year but didn't comment much due to my forum lurking habbit and my not fluent english.I know there is a devoted fanbase in China.The number is not large but is glowing each year. Most of them are at a very young age(teen to early twenties from what I observed).I am 33 this year so I am older among them.I follow city mostly because of Pep and his style of football.I watched almost every game last year and I plan to continue to do so this year.I like bluemoon and many of you guys.
Ok back to lurking.

City fan here all the way from Melbourne, Aus! Been a City fan for several years now, got to see them play Real Madrid down here in the ICC few years back.

Absolutely hate Melbourne City though :)

Well, hello then. I'm very new to Bluemoon and starting supporting City some ten years ago, so new in comparison to most on here in that regard as well. It's a really odd thing to start supporting a club (and not completely rational), so bear with me.

Growing up in the states football was never popular at all, but baseball was and I grew up a huge fan of the New York Mets. For just about all of my childhood the team was shit, and worse, we were the other team in town to the Yankees, who were going through their glory years and boasted the largest and most obnoxious supporter base in the country. As the Premiere League started gaining some popularity in the mid 2000's and as I got more and more into football I was lucky enough to see a game at Craven Cottage, in which Fulham just so happened to be playing City. I was interested in the club just because of the obvious parallels but also loved the songs the away support sang (Martin Petrov scored twice!), the blue collar base, and loved rooting for the underdog. City reminded me of everything I loved about my own teams, even if at the time neither City nor the Mets ever won anything. As the Premiere League started being shown more and more over the years it became much easier to follow and it just kind of went from there. Of course then the takeover happened and things got pretty exciting.

I totally understand the hesitation to people like me that some of the supporters have, but I think thats natural and as the club grows and changes I think that'll probably change in time as well. No offense is taken and for my part I hope that as things do change the club does right by all of you who have been around much longer than I.

Oh, and NYCFC is pretty stupid also. The MLS is just terrible.

I've noticed on twitter and Facebook that Supporters Club's are playing a significant role in the expansion of our fanbase. Aguero has been encouraging people to join SCs on the USA tour.

Derbyshire village pub fete last week. Childrens shirts, 1 X Derby( expected) 2 X Bayern Munich (?) and 4 City in various kits, one in full last year "Aguero". No Scum Or Dippers (which their dads usually wear around here) The future is BLUE!

I've noticed that in Dublin too. More and more kids wearing City shirts. Was in a sports shop the other day and had a quick look at the football shirts, the usual football shirts were well stocked there - rags, Liverpool, Arsenal, Chelsea. Then I spotted the City shirts, there wasn't any adult sizes but stacks of kid sizes.

Well, hello then. I'm very new to Bluemoon and starting supporting City some ten years ago, so new in comparison to most on here in that regard as well. It's a really odd thing to start supporting a club (and not completely rational), so bear with me.

Growing up in the states football was never popular at all, but baseball was and I grew up a huge fan of the New York Mets. For just about all of my childhood the team was shit, and worse, we were the other team in town to the Yankees, who were going through their glory years and boasted the largest and most obnoxious supporter base in the country. As the Premiere League started gaining some popularity in the mid 2000's and as I got more and more into football I was lucky enough to see a game at Craven Cottage, in which Fulham just so happened to be playing City. I was interested in the club just because of the obvious parallels but also loved the songs the away support sang (Martin Petrov scored twice!), the blue collar base, and loved rooting for the underdog. City reminded me of everything I loved about my own teams, even if at the time neither City nor the Mets ever won anything. As the Premiere League started being shown more and more over the years it became much easier to follow and it just kind of went from there. Of course then the takeover happened and things got pretty exciting.

I totally understand the hesitation to people like me that some of the supporters have, but I think thats natural and as the club grows and changes I think that'll probably change in time as well. No offense is taken and for my part I hope that as things do change the club does right by all of you who have been around much longer than I.

Oh, and NYCFC is pretty stupid also. The MLS is just terrible.

welcome you RAG

;-)

Walking through Newark Airport a few weeks ago and saw a lad (14/15-ish) with his family. He had new City track top and shirt on. Asked him if he was from Manchester. No, Germany, but he had just come from the City training camp for his age group somewhere and the family just landed for their hols!

Then, last week, I'm sitting on the plane and I hear a lad speaking Polish to his family and he is wearing a City jacket. Ask him where he is from. Poland! Hence the Polish, I guess! Thought he might be a Yank or Brit on hold, but just off the plane from Warsaw!

So, we are definitely growing our global presence!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.