Inigo Martinez

I'd look at our goals conceded columns for those seasons and i bet there aren't many better.

We attack, with a lot of players. Yet we don't concede many. I'd say that the defence was doing a pretty good job all in all (Fullbacks last season were a liability but thats sorted now).

A lot of the players that would come under the 'best' are protected by the formation, think of how defensive Juve are... It wasn't a given that someone like Bonucci wouldn't have got exposed for us.
Well we've certainly felt the need to buy replacements every season, which has not been the case for other positions which kind of suggests the managers have been less than enthusiastic about them.

Well we've certainly felt the need to buy replacements every season, which has not been the case for other positions which kind of suggests the managers have been less than enthusiastic about them.

I'm pretty sure we shouldn't still have Demichelis, Toure and Lescott in the squad. So all should be gone...

Boateng and Savic have had good careers since leaving. So either bad decisions to let them leave.... or not managers choice.

Which leaves only Mangala and Nastasic. Both who are ok, but not horrendous (Mangala is more the price we paid).

Its really not as bad as some blues make out.

Martinez, plus maybe keeping Tosin around and i'm happy with the centre back options.

I think we'll concede less than last year and score loads more.... We'll be fine.

Walker and Danilo/Mendy?

Walker 6'1'' replaces Zabba 5' 10''

Mendy 6' 2'' replaces Clichy 5' 9''

Danilo 6' 0'' replaces Sagna 5' 9''

It's possible next season we could put out a team where 8/11 players are 6ft+ :

352 - Ederson; Otamendi, Kompany, Stones; Walker, Silva, KDB, Yaya, Mendy; Sané, Aguero.

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure we shouldn't still have Demichelis, Toure and Lescott in the squad. So all should be gone...

Boateng and Savic have had good careers since leaving. So either bad decisions to let them leave.... or not managers choice.

Which leaves only Mangala and Nastasic. Both who are ok, but not horrendous (Mangala is more the price we paid).

Its really not as bad as some blues make out.

This guy, plus maybe keeping Tosin around and i'm happy with the centre back options.
I'm not saying they are awful but compared with other positions it is hard to say we have recruited quality for the money spent.
I'm hoping the next one is good can't say I know much about him though.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.