Kylian Mbappe

Status
Not open for further replies.
This, all day long. We've fannied around since 2012, never really gone and blown anyone and everyone out with a mega-deal. This would be such a deal. It would be a superb signing in so many ways, on and off the pitch. On it, this kid could become our talisman striker for years to come. Off it, it lays down a marker; we won't be beaten on price. Is he worth it? Who gives a fuck? Ain't my dosh. Get. It. Spent.

Would you be prepared to pay say an extra £100 on your season ticket?

I'm convinced we will look back on this similar to the way we are doing with Pogba if the PSG reports are true, don't pay it, it's disgusting and hype driven inflation he's not the worlds best player and may never be.

He's not yet earned that paycheck he's asking for(again if the 18m Euros rumour is true) not by a long shot none of the #worryingtimessquad can even begin to say he has because I've seen just as much of him he's a pup that's not had many games in truth.

Last edited:
Think of all the shirts he'd sell ;)

It was a serious question though. When it's not your money, it's the easiest thing in the world to say just spend it. But what we spend on transfers and wages does have a very real impact on our profitability and pressure to increase all aspects of our revenues, including match day revenues.

I am not being at all judgemental about it by the way - I don't go to many games anyway and haven't had an ST in donkeys years, so it's irrelevant from my perspective. I just raise the question whether people would be prepared to pay more to attend matches, if we were to start splashing the cash even more than we do already.

I guess we'll see. The sporting reasons thing gave me hope too. I believe Monaco would rather sell to us than to PSG and I'm sure playing for pep has to have some appeal to the kid... but at the same time, I just feel like PSG is what he wants most. it's safer than madrid at this point in his career, gets to team up with neymar, paris native... leaves door open for a move later to barca madrid
I don't know KM's history or family history but could being a Paris native be a reason he doesn't want to play there and only would for exorbitant money?

Maybe some of his extended family are ne'er-do-wells, or leeches? Did he perhaps run with a bad crowd before he became a football star and wants away from that influence?

Some young athletes realize these situations and want as far away from them as possible. It's the same as a kid who can't play football and wants a way out so he joins the Navy or the Army and says to himself he's got a way out and is never going back.

It was a serious question though. When it's not your money, it's the easiest thing in the world to say just spend it. But what we spend on transfers and wages does have a very real impact on our profitability and pressure to increase all aspects of our revenues, including match day revenues.

I am not being at all judgemental about it by the way - I don't go to many games anyway and haven't had an ST in donkeys years, so it's irrelevant from my perspective. I just raise the question whether people would be prepared to pay more to attend matches, if we were to start splashing the cash even more than we do already.

But it's part of a process of regeneration of the squad. So whether we spend the money this summer or next summer we have to spend it. We've lost Kelechi, Navas, Nolito, and only brought in Silva and Guardiola sees him more as someone who'll play in the KDB/Silva roles.

I'd understand if we were talking about Sanchez's fee, but we're talking about a lad who's 18. It's also worth noting what Pep said today about Dani Alves when he was asked about the Neymar deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.