Kylian Mbappe

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sure if City thought Mbappe was destined to go elsewhere we'd come out with a statement or brief the press to say we weren't interested. The fact we haven't gives me plenty of optimism. I'm happy to be corrected but I think we did that with Messi and Pogba in the past.

IF FPF apllies it s absolutely impossible for paris to make mbappe transfer
they already killed their budget on wages with Neymar and dani alves

thei fan base is not huge , marketing machine has nothing to do with the one of a club as Real
taxes system in france is quite a big handicap, in l1 tv rights they have are 3 times less than all european giants (real, barca,top PL clubs) so really dont see how on earth it can fit the financial fair play
except if consider that Paris didnt pay for Neymar but neymar himself LOL

Are you kidding ? how may goals has Kun scored with tap ins at the near post

Fair point. Kun can play that way but he doesn't do it exclusively. In fact more frequently under Pep, you'd see him dropping back into the midfield to help the ball move around and I'd still say his main goal threat is him driving at defenders. Plus he doesn't offer that aerial threat that players like Mandzukic, Dzeko or Llorente do.

Just bring back dzeko :P

boy, it's scary how many dzeko would score with current support from flanks.
How underrated was Dzeko. Scored loads despite us not playing to his strengths. With our new full backs and wingers putting balls across the box he would be a real asset for us. We wouldn't of had our first premier league or the Aguerooo moment if not for his late goal.

How underrated was Dzeko. Scored loads despite us not playing to his strengths. With our new full backs and wingers putting balls across the box he would be a real asset for us. We wouldn't of had our first premier league or the Aguerooo moment if not for his late goal.

this is just the perfect setup for him.

I do wonder if PSG are deliberately letting journalists run with the idea they are about to sign Mbappe whilst denying it themselves as they have no plan to sign him but also want to stop us from signing him.

They seem to have targeted, or been press linked with targeting, some of our main player options. I don't think they were interested in Sanchez but were happy to let us think they might be.

Perhaps the same with Mbappe.

Why? Because they have made a huge statement this Summer with the plan to step up to the top table with the old guard in CL terms.

Basically it was them or us could do that as the opportunity was there.

They may be quite happy now to just interfere with our plans this Summer as us signing Mbappe could legitimately given them a run for their money in the top table jumping this year.

So any leaks, false stories etc etc that drives the price up and makes us walk away helps them even if nobody else signs Mbappe.
Wouldn't it require Monaco to play along with the deception though? If we bid and PSG 'pretend' to, then Monaco's only legitimate bid is still ours.

Some really interesting arguments on both sides of the fence as to whether it's worth doing this deal. But i remain absolutely convinced that it's stupid to not pay Monaco's asking price and be done with it. Mbappe, potentially will be a forward who we can keep for a decade because of his age. I also think that the one thing which undermines a lot of the arguments about the depth of our attacking talent is that Sterling/Sane are simply not proven goal scorers and i'd argue neither is a natural finisher (although Sane is better than Raz). Also, the club's stated public aim is to be one of the biggest and most successful clubs in the world. We're nearly a decade into the 'project' and we're relative nobody's in the CL. That's because the players weren't good enough. Pep knows this.

Guardiola started this summer with the intention to end the window with 3 forward who have 25+ goals a season in them. He has two in Kun and Jesus.

Some really interesting arguments on both sides of the fence as to whether it's worth doing this deal. But i remain absolutely convinced that it's stupid to not pay Monaco's asking price and be done with it. Mbappe, potentially will be a forward who we can keep for a decade because of his age. I also think that the one thing which undermines a lot of the arguments about the depth of our attacking talent is that Sterling/Sane are simply not proven goal scorers and i'd argue neither is a natural finisher (although Sane is better than Raz). Also, the club's stated public aim is to be one of the biggest and most successful clubs in the world. We're nearly a decade into the 'project' and we're relative nobody's in the CL. That's because the players weren't good enough. Pep knows this.

Guardiola started this summer with the intention to end the window with 3 forward who have 25+ goals a season in them. He has two in Kun and Jesus.

This, young man, is spot-on.

Patience is required.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.