Media Thread 2017/18

Status
Not open for further replies.
That was weird. just watched the clip and there were about 10 goals shown against various teams, and the only team they mentioned one of the scorers scoring against was....you guessed it, Tierry Henry against Manchester City

They have just repeated it with a different news anchor person reading the same script. Only City mentioned

It is difficult to disagree with that. Kane and Lukaku are likely to play as the sole striker and are also unlikely to get rotated.

Lacazette is open to debate but still likely to play every game. Aguero may be rotated if we go back to a 4-3-3.

Like someone said fans of clubs will vote for their players and similar things get written on here to vote for X etc. I genuinely have no idea what concerns you.
Perhaps some journos questioning why the likes of Silva and Aguero are always bypassed when awards are handed out could be one reason.

I've just listened to Mark Ogden being passed off as a reporter who covers City without an agenda. His biggest compliment was informing the 'Off The Ball' pod that Spanish journos were openly laughing and asking him why City were taking the game so seriously while giving Real a pasting in the recent friendly.

The story may be true, I'm sure the Spanish media wouldn't have been as happy as they were when running the rags dizzy, but why did Ogden (a fully paid up member of the union of rag journos) feel the need to have a dig at City while talking to an outlet that is massively pro rags and Liverpool.

The BBC, Sky, BT, radio stations, newspapers and magazines, all run polls. Based on the result of these polls ie, the % results, they will know the audience to base stories around. We all know that at the moment the rags, dippers, arse, chelsea, in that order, have a larger audience to pander to. However the times are changing. Look around, you will see slowly but surely, more and more City shirts on the streets, in the pub's, and at your choice of holiday destination, you'll see them. Over the last 9 year's the 5,6 and 7 year olds are choosing to support Manchester City, and as every year that goes bye, the more successful we become, the support will accelerate in growth. The biggest change will come when we have galvanised our playing style. Let the world look on at the beautiful football that will be played by City. Let them drool over us like they drooled over Barca, and as we entertain our support base will grow so fast the media will have to change, whoever sets their sails with City, will benefit, if not they will sink without a life jacket. Remember those 5,6 and seven year olds from 2011/2012 are getting closer to start influencing the media.
Bring it on....

Probably why it appears that there's more propaganda against!

According to the BBC our bid for Evans is eye watering this morning. Why is every player linked with us deemed as being ridiculous money?

Because they don't want us to get the players we want. Yet we still get them.
Btw I think the reports about Evans are not too bad. The player has been heralded like never before since he was linked to us. Either the media wants it to happen because they reckognize he's bang average, like many of us do. Or they are kind to him because he is an ex rag and England international and not playing for a team that is in the media-darlings party.
Yet the media influences a lot on here that started bigging up Evans as if he has been a player we should have been tracking since the window opened.

Because they don't want us to get the players we want. Yet we still get them.
Btw I think the reports about Evans are not too bad. The player has been heralded like never before since he was linked to us. Either the media wants it to happen because they reckognize he's bang average, like many of us do. Or they are kind to him because he is an ex rag and England international and not playing for a team that is in the media-darlings party.
Yet the media influences a lot on here that started bigging up Evans as if he has been a player we should have been tracking since the window opened.

England international?

Quite a lot of people on BM think it's eye watering and stupid

Just saying
Why? He would be far better value and more reliable than Mangala if we sign him.

Strange that the people's club ecstaticaly presented their record overpayment for a mercenary...i mean player to a hugely enthusiastic audience who apparently would hate their club to be like ours, without a murmur off them or the media.

Perhaps some journos questioning why the likes of Silva and Aguero are always bypassed when awards are handed out could be one reason.

I've just listened to Mark Ogden being passed off as a reporter who covers City without an agenda. His biggest compliment was informing the 'Off The Ball' pod that Spanish journos were openly laughing and asking him why City were taking the game so seriously while giving Real a pasting in the recent friendly.

The story may be true, I'm sure the Spanish media wouldn't have been as happy as they were when running the rags dizzy, but why did Ogden (a fully paid up member of the union of rag journos) feel the need to have a dig at City while talking to an outlet that is massively pro rags and Liverpool.

Perhaps, on the flip side, we didn't want a report on another defeat, like our previous 'friendly', where we were demolished by the 'Champions of Chester Road'. That game was reported on like we had lost the Champions League final to them. You get the drift.

Shoestring United humble half a billion City.
Another dodgy keeper.
Lukaku, King of the hill.
Drip, drip, drip.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.