It's Quiet - a new dawn

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel we might finally get rid of cheeky in the summer ? Sell our backup striker and the fringe options (bony and nasri) and buy none.

Fail to address centre back issues in 5 years.

Negative but true. Cook shat on cheeky. He'd have been firing off bids. We stick all our eggs in 2 baskets.

I feel we might finally get rid of cheeky in the summer ? Sell our backup striker and the fringe options (bony and nasri) and buy none.

Fail to address centre back issues in 5 years.

Negative but true. Cook shat on cheeky. He'd have been firing off bids. We stick all our eggs in 2 baskets.
We can safely say that out of the top 6 sides from last year, we had a great window and others had a average to very poor one. More confident than ever after this window.

If we haven't the squad (in your opinion) to battle for 4 trophies, surely we cut our cloth accordingly is what I am suggesting.
But having spent as much as we have we shouldn't be short and money aside we've had time to address the lb and cf positions and seem to have wasted it. If our only targets were Sanchez and Evans that's a bit short sighted

We can safely say that out of the top 6 sides from last year, we had a great window and others had a average to very poor one. More confident than ever after this window.
Spurs finished 2nd last year and have had a great window without much outlay. Utd stronger and Liverpool are stronger. It will be very tight again.

Positive to missing out Sanchez is Diaz and Foden should get more game time and we should play 4-3-3 more often... Missing out on Evans is just a positive

But having spent as much as we have we shouldn't be short and money aside we've had time to address the lb and cf positions and seem to have wasted it. If our only targets were Sanchez and Evans that's a bit short sighted

Yep.

It's going to take two more summer windows before we really have a great squad.

We're still light up top with only two strikers, we're weak in centre midfield and let's hope Kompany stays fit.

We have had a great window and reinforced many areas that needed it. I think we were never going to plug all the holes in one window and the club have decided where the nearest alligators were and acted accordingly.

I am happy with the business we've done but why sell Kolarov for a pretty nominal fee without having replacements brought in? We're now light at left back and centre half and for all his criticisms Kola suited those roles better than the players we have at our disposal now. One of Iheanacho and Roberts should also have stayed until Sanchez was wrapped up. Needlesly sold ourselves a bit short.

Great window. We cleared out and signed more players than I ever thought possible. Sanchez will be here in a January. We have a good squad.

We have had a great window and reinforced many areas that needed it. I think we were never going to plug all the holes in one window and the club have decided where the nearest alligators were and acted accordingly.
You don't think missing out on a cf having sold two assuming Sanchez was coming isn't a bit poor?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.