Lionel Messi | Joins Inter Miami (pg4111)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Makes me lol when I remember that somebody suggested that Dele Ali is better than Isco

heaven forbid that Messi hasn't scored 20 goals yet.

Isco is a awesome player, having an awesome season. Yes.
How many times do I have to say this. If we buy Messi in 2018. We buy a 31 year old who will be contracted until 31-35? You really think he will be at the level he was two years ago, or even last season. There are already strong signs he was last season.

No one escapes the effects of ageing. Players like Silva who rely on instant control and vision don't suffer so much, but those like Sanchez, Aguero, Rooney, Messi who rely on speed in the box to receive the ball ahead of a defender, and to get a shot away, or to beat a man - and that is the signature of Messi - will inevitably suffer.

There have been similar discussions about Aguero and Sanchez

Dear Marvin

Lionel Messi is probably the best player of all time. He is 31 not 41.

There is no doubt in my mind and surely in the mind of any intelligent individual that he would add something special to MCFC. He doesn't need to be the player he was at 25, he is a very special player.

Playing for Pep again could well extend his career for many years.

If Leo wants to come to MCFC he should be welcomed with open arms and we should rejoice in his presence.

Dear Marvin

Lionel Messi is probably the best player of all time. He is 31 not 41.

There is no doubt in my mind and surely in the mind of any intelligent individual that he would add something special to MCFC. He doesn't need to be the player he was at 25, he is a very special player.

Playing for Pep again could well extend his career for many years.

If Leo wants to come to MCFC he should be welcomed with open arms and we should rejoice in his presence.
He's 30, but if we do sign him he'll be 31. If he carries on as he has in the past then fair enough. I will concede that. Let's buy Messi sounds great, but if it's a Messi at the end of his career then no thanks.

I don't think I'm being awkward. I've watched pretty much every game he has played this season and he has been poor by his standards. They play Juventus in midweek and it wouldn't surprise me at all if he and Barca struggle.

Messi is a dribbler. he beats players for fun one on one. But what happens when you lose a bit of speed? He can throw a man off balance, he will always be able to do that, but then he has to accelerate past him to put himself between the man and the ball. That will become a problem. The question is when.

Players don't go on forever. It's an obvious point but if City commit huge money towards Messi he has to be good not just for season one but for 2-3 seasons. PSG bought a sure fire thing in Neymar. Perfect age. Messi's age must raise question marks.

Last edited:
Dear Marvin

Shut up, it's MESSI !!!

Regards bob xx

You were bigging up jonny Evans for 30m but can't stomach messi on a free transfer ;-) strange world

I've said it before and I'll say it again, a Messi at 80% his best is still an incredible footballer. I think he'd survive even if his pace went. If we can sign him on a then I don't see any major pitfalls.

Right now I'd take Isco every time. What Messi did 2 years ago is irrelevant at 30 years old.
You're talking crap. Messi scored 54 in 52 last season just gone and he'll do similar again this season. What's Isco likely to do?

Dear Marvin

Shut up, it's MESSI !!!

Regards bob xx

You were bigging up jonny Evans for 30m but can't stomach messi on a free transfer ;-) strange world
He is the strangest poster ever. As someone has just said, he's jumped the shark now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.