Lionel Messi | Joins Inter Miami (pg4111)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, a Messi at 80% his best is still an incredible footballer. I think he'd survive even if his pace went. If we can sign him on a then I don't see any major pitfalls.
Messi at 50% walks into any team, the competition to get him will be very tough. Think he will stay at barca but any hearing aw has said arsenal are very close!lol

He's 30, but if we do sign him he'll be 31. If he carries on as he has in the past then fair enough. I will concede that. Let's buy Messi sounds great, but if it's a Messi at the end of his career then no thanks.

I don't think I'm being awkward. I've watched pretty much every game he has played this season and he has been poor by his standards. They play Juventus in midweek and it wouldn't surprise me at all if he and Barca struggle.

Messi is a dribbler. he beats players for fun one on one. But what happens when you lose a bit of speed? He can throw a man off balance, he will always be able to do that, but then he has to accelerate past him to put himself between the man and the ball. That will become a problem. The question is when.

Players don't go on forever. It's an obvious point but if City commit huge money towards Messi he has to be good not just for season one but for 2-3 seasons. PSG bought a sure fire thing in Neymar. Perfect age. Messi's age must raise question marks.

I don't think you understand the full breadth of Messi's talents.

He is probably the most technically gifted player we've ever seen and yes he has used his skills to create space and then accelerate away. You may or may not be correct that he can no longer do this but generally players physical abilities do not fall off a cliff, there is a gradual decline. However, it doesn't really matter in my opinion as his technical ability in pass and control is on such a high level he could easily become the best no.10 in the world.

By joining City he would be re-united with the coach who first unlocked his huge ability and I have every confidence that Pep would know how to use his prodigious talent.

Your comparisons with Aguero and Sanchez are so wide of the mark, fantastic players as they are, they do not possess the level of technical ability of Leo Messi. As for Ronaldinho, please, Messi is a pro not a playboy.

I'm going to leave it there but I, for one, will be hugely excited if this happens next summer.

I don't think you understand the full breadth of Messi's talents.

He is probably the most technically gifted player we've ever seen and yes he has used his skills to create space and then accelerate away. You may or may not be correct that he can no longer do this but generally players physical abilities do not fall off a cliff, there is a gradual decline. However, it doesn't really matter in my opinion as his technical ability in pass and control is on such a high level he could easily become the best no.10 in the world.

By joining City he would be re-united with the coach who first unlocked his huge ability and I have every confidence that Pep would know how to use his prodigious talent.

Your comparisons with Aguero and Sanchez are so wide of the mark, fantastic players as they are, they do not possess the level of technical ability of Leo Messi. As for Ronaldinho, please, Messi is a pro not a playboy.

I'm going to leave it there but I, for one, will be hugely excited if this happens next summer.
Thanks for the reasoned replies from all. Appreciated

I think this is move is a possibility and despite Guardiola's comments I think it could happen thus I have been watching him, but my inclination is to question everything. Don't suspend your critical faculties because ("It's Messi!"). He is still human. I don't want City to put a deal in place for Messi and push the button unless he can play at an outstanding level because as one of the top clubs in European football, and wealthiest clubs, it's in our grasp to sign the best young players in world football (when we don't have to rebuild a team at the same time - Mbappe). I've been watching Messi critically this season, and he has been disappointing.

I take your comments on board. All I will say is just watch him play in the Champions League vs Juventus. That will be another test / indicator.

Just the hat trick for Messi tonight, meanwhile Isco did the square root of f**k all, eh @Marvin
Yes, I'm watching it. 1st os offside. 2nd lucky.

Didn't watch Isco but I heard Real madrid were down to 10 men.

The test as I said is Juventus. Espanyol are terrible

Yes, I'm watching it. 1st os offside. 2nd lucky.

Didn't watch Isco but I heard Real madrid were down to 10 men.

The test as I said is Juventus. Espanyol are terrible
heh heh heh

Marcelo got sent off in the 89th, hardly down to 10 men.

Perhaps, but will it be any surprise if he turns them over?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.