Kylian Mbappe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Been saying he turned down City, not Guardiola. Cheeky little upstart.

https://www.fourfourtwo.com/news/mbappe-i-said-no-manchester-city-not-guardiola
Kylian Mbappé: "I didn't say no to Guardiola, I said no to City. When I saw him, we talked about tactics, how he could use me."
Is there an implication in his quote he might like to play for Pep at another club? Personally I hope Pep signs a long contract extension with us, I hope he is not getting frustrated about not landing his targets.

I don't think he meant any malice by his comments. I think when taking all things into account he's implying he had a better offer elsewhere (he did). I'm not convinced he'd have said no if we were the only club in the running.

I don't think he meant any malice by his comments. I think when taking all things into account he's implying he had a better offer elsewhere (he did). I'm not convinced he'd have said no if we were the only club in the running.

He was probably asked why he knocked back Pep - too which he has replied he didnt knock back pep, but the club. By which i think he just refers to the offer we made compared to PSG i.e salary etc etc

Agree no malice in those comments at all

Kylian Mbappé: "I didn't say no to Guardiola, I said no to City. When I saw him, we talked about tactics, how he could use me."
Is there an implication in his quote he might like to play for Pep at another club? Personally I hope Pep signs a long contract extension with us, I hope he is not getting frustrated about not landing his targets.

Let's be honest he was offered ridiculous money to go to PSG and he took it. Us and RM were offering less than half of what PSG put onto table. He has set him and his family up for life - good on him but he can't pretend to have made a great footballing decision.

Let's be honest he was offered ridiculous money to go to PSG and he took it. Us and RM were offering less than half of what PSG put onto table. He has set him and his family up for life - good on him but he can't pretend to have made a great footballing decision.

He's playing for his hometown club on crazy money and will still end up at Madrid when he feels he is ready. Id say he made the best choice. (obviously I would have loved him here but can't fault the kid for going home. Its not like PSG is some little club either. They'll be fighting for CL.)

We've spent 220 million this summer....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.