Amsterdam Airport at a Standstill

Oh ok, i hear you but given the length of our partnership with Etihad and our european ambitions, I cant see how it wouldnt have been feasible at some point for Etihad to have purchased a couple of 737s for European use which would be scheduled from Manchester which would also serve as City away planes for our Champions league matches. There is clearly a trick being missed if City fans are having to make journeys to places like Luton to get flights..
We'd still travel down south because the flights would be cheaper than anything Etihad could offer.

Oh ok, i hear you but given the length of our partnership with Etihad and our european ambitions, I cant see how it wouldnt have been feasible at some point for Etihad to have purchased a couple of 737s for European use which would be scheduled from Manchester which would also serve as City away planes for our Champions league matches. There is clearly a trick being missed if City fans are having to make journeys to places like Luton to get flights..

Not going to happen mate, buts it's a nice idea.

that would be difficult I'd think, aside from the significant cost (not much change from 90-100M dollars per plane), you'd still need to find a takeoff/landing slot at about 2 weeks notice each way, and Schiphol's probably quite busy.

Awww poor lad. I bet he is devastated too. Small consolation but he will get plenty of opportunities to see the blues around Europe for years to come. Good luck with the claim, I hope you get every penny back you've spent
What excuse did he use to miss school?

We'd still travel down south because the flights would be cheaper than anything Etihad could offer.

We are both in the realms of the hypothetical anyway so I will argue my point. The relationship between club and sponsor is big, the planes used as City fan taxis and the reasonable prices/promotions they would have to use to get City fans on board could easily be offset by the Company as a whole. Also those planes wouldnt have to sit dorment in a hanger between matches they could serve a purpose for Etihad in Europe.
Just Imagine you call City up for your European away match for a ticket, it costs you X, City then offer you a discounted flight and hotel package for Y using Etihad. Would save a lot of ball ache if they could figure something out. As for those stranded fans wouldnt it be great to see the OFFICAL CITY plane come to the rescue.

that would be difficult I'd think, aside from the significant cost (not much change from 90-100M dollars per plane), you'd still need to find a takeoff/landing slot at about 2 weeks notice each way, and Schiphol's probably quite busy.

I understand the dificult logistics and prices and I am not talking about using the plane(s) exclusively for City fan travel but we are talking about two businesses with huge clout and influence.

Shirley there are a few old Dan Air planes lying about somewhere:)

Yeah Etihad do have codeshare partners with a number of regional airlines (flybe, KLM, aer lingus, air italia etc http://www.etihad.com/en-gb/about-us/our-partners/) that we could work closer with to offer some incentive to travel with (blue points, discounts, fly and stay priority or whatever). I have taken some charters in the past for the Euros and internationals and they can often work out dearer than taking alternative routes via budget airlines and different countries/cities.

I believe some blues went by the euro tunnel and Dublin for example to save a few ££ but also losing time. Then again some fans like to make an experience out of it, taking 2/3/4 days in that city. I think it would work well on away days like Ukraine were options are limited. But the Thomas cook flight today handled maybe 150 blues out of 1500 travelling? so they are seen to be doing their part. I used the city in the city train service a few times and it was great! We got back to London after the game, met ex players, they had the league cup on it one day, free programme/gifts and priority on the trams. Again, it handled 250 or so blues or other wise would of took different routes and various prices.

As for those stranded fans wouldnt it be great to see the OFFICAL CITY plane come to the rescue.
There isn't one, there is an Etihad plane in City livery, but that will be on a scheduled route somewhere in the world. Don't think I've even seen the team use it since the initial launch of it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.