Benjamin Mendy (Back In Training)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well f me acl it is. Poor guy is surely missing the WC as well. Both him and gundogan played on after going down...wonder if that plays into the rupture?

Massive blow for sure but this may well galvanise the lads, the club and the fans. I'm gutted but we just got to get behind danilo and delph and whoever else will cover LB until mendy comes back or we buy a LB in January?

Fucking fuming.

I just got over a horrific knee injury(not exaggerating, sprained LCL, ACL and dislocated knee) and it only took 3 weeks. He's no excuse to not be back by Christmas :-)

Lachman is not 100%, but for a non-invasive test, it is a reliable indicator.
It is extremely difficult to accurately diagnose an ACL injury acutely on clinical grounds. Swelling and muscle spasm secondary to pain make any examination tests very difficult to carry out and interpret. Tests such as Lachman's and Pivot Shift are valuable once the acute symptoms have resolved i.e. 2 weeks plus.
On a separate note the pitch at the Etihad must be cursed. Just how many serious injuries have we witnessed our players suffer over recent years?
Really feel for Mendy. Hope Delph lasts us till Jan but I have little confidence he will.

I did my ACL and my cartilage at the same time. When I came round from surgery they had only repaired my cartilage. Said they left the ligament because it was a bit tricky, but if I'd have been younger they would have tried harder.... yeah thanks

They told me never to play again and I haven't although I feel like I could. Get a few twinges now and again but that's all

Apparently with intensive physio and strengthening exercises to build up the muscles around the knee to compensate for the ligament all would be fine. Apparently Wes Browns knee is the same

This is 100% spot-on. Partial vs. complete tear doesn't really matter now given he has opted for surgery (which for his long term future is sensible). The recovery period is 6 months very minimum. Very, very unlikely he'll play again this season alas.

Yeah i'd agree 6 months is doable if the rehab goes well, everyone is different. I found the proprioception part of rehab took ages but I'd expect an athlete to be much better. That said, I thought Ilkay would return sooner than he did. Plus, if you've got a player who is 100% not going to play until April at the very earliest, you wouldn't register him come January so he wouldn't be able to play anyway. He's young enough to write this season off and return just as good next year.

Gutting though.

That's great insight, thank you.
I guess no time limit or expectation can be put on it. Let's get someone in January and when Mendy returns whenever that will be it will. E like a new signing, an amazing one at that.
At least he'll have company in the treatment room

My pleasure, you're welcome.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.