What's happened to BLUE MOON before games ?

Obviously it's an age thing then. Blue Moon has been associated with City all my life which is why the hairs on the back of my neck stand up every time I hear it, I'm not saying it's a work of musical genius or anything but that's not why any of us like it, we like it because it instantly makes us think of MCFC every time we hear it, how can that possibly be a bad thing?
Not a bad thing, but it dies out very quickly, and lacks any passion, with the exception of everyone screaming "Bluemoon" when it comes around. If you listen to the words, they're not very inspirational, either!

Need something that gees people up, gets them clapping and chanting together. Believe it or not, a cold wet night on the Kippax and YNWA worked wonders, as did Hey Jude! But, you're right, I AM an old bastard! ;-)

I don’t miss it.

I can’t stand songs/chants being artificially made into atmosphere by being played over the tannoy.

It’s fake atmosphere.

I don’t even like Blue Moon as a song neither. It’s alright when we’re playing well and 3-0 up when everyone puts a bit of gusto behind it but it’s a very dreary chant with shit words at any other time.

You could try making up new songs.

as much i love the times we've sang hey jude after matches, such as that united game a few years ago, its just not our anthem and id rather it was only played after a match not when the players walk out. i think we should start playing the boys in blue again when the players walk out - a song that represents us and shows our tradition. i also liked it when we've played dont look back in anger after the game, like today. just play those before and after the game. hey jude the past couple of games/seasons doesnt work well in my opinion.

What happened to any decent tune to walk out to the tunnel to?! Sick of hearing a few shit lines of Hey Jude rushed before KO. Miss hearing Brainbug

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.