Combined City, Spurs and United XI

OrigamiNinja

Saw this over on the darkside and thought it was an interesting debate.........

XI with current injury situation and performance levels taken into account:

De Gea
Walker
Stones
Alderweireld
Delph
Fernandinho
KDB
Silva (Nobody putting him in the team over there, truly incredible, take away KDBs performances and he pisses all over any other CM in the league)
Sane
Kane
Sterling

XI with everyone fit and playing at 100%

De Gea
Walker
Kompany
Alderweirweld
Mendy
Dembele
KDB
Silva
Sane
Kane
Aguero

It would depend who the manager was.

If it's Pep in a current 4-3-3 formation then in a legitimate workable team that doesn't put players out of position for thee sake of including them, Garth Crooks team of the week style then it's hard to look past the entire City team, just replacing Otamendi with one of the Spurs centre backs.

De Gea is currently the better keeper but the other two are not far behind at all and Ederson has the specific skill set to make him the ideal goalkeeper for Pep. No other United players would get a sniff. Spurs have a few players you could make a valid claim to include, the obvious one, Kane could fit in upfront but Aguero's all round game is better and suits Peps style better and neither play out wide so both can't play.

If Mourinho is the manager then

De Gea
Walker
Baily
Jones
Rose
Valencia
Vertonghen
Alderweireld
Mendy
Stones
Otamendi

Can't see why anyone would pick DeGea over Ederson personally.

Ederson has made a sensational start, far better than De Geas start at United. It is just a start though. In fairness to the doughnut thief, he has been excellent for the past few seasons.

Can't see why anyone would pick DeGea over Ederson personally.
It's quite obvious really, far more proven. For us city fans we can obviously see how good Ederson is and will be and I do think he'll become the best keeper in the world because he's that damn good but to expect rival fans to rate him over their own keepers after a few games is a bit far fetched.

Ederson has made a sensational start, far better than De Geas start at United. It is just a start though. In fairness to the doughnut thief, he has been excellent for the past few seasons.

Indeed, but Ederson so far seems to be making saves whenever required & is better with his feet & at getting out to the ball, which imo gives him an extra dimension to almost anybody I've ever seen.

Indeed, but Ederson so far seems to be making saves whenever required & is better with his feet & at getting out to the ball, which imo gives him an extra dimension to almost anybody I've ever seen.

Agreed. I think he will go on to be something really special.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.