West Brom post-match thread

Couldnt disagree too much with Charlie Nicholas for once. City miles ahead in class but a couple of really sloppy mistakes. Jesus was less effective than normal and KDB not at his usually stratospheric leves and Otamendi needs to stay awake. Silva and Sane were outstanding and Ferdinhinho put in a prooer shift. Hope Aguero enjoyed his day off.

Did Foster 'dive' when he came out of the box for the ball?? no mention of it? Sure if it had been Ederson, he would have been castigated for it

Hope I’m wrong but did anyone else notice that Gundogan was the only player not to applaud the fans at the end? Very unlike him and I thought he was limping and looked a bit upset/down. Like I said really hope I’m putting 2 and 2 together and making 5 - his passing and ball retention is phenomenal

Things we learn't - Never buy Jonny Evans he's not good enough at all. Some of West Brom's players are more concerned with injuring an opposing player than actually playing. Longer term Delph will struggle and we need Mendy back in the Spring. Other than that a great away win and despite the score we coasted it with other gears available if we needed.
Evans nearly caught KDB full on studs up a foot off the ground. Thankfully, just a glancing blow.

Couldnt disagree too much with Charlie Nicholas for once. City miles ahead in class but a couple of really sloppy mistakes. Jesus was less effective than normal and KDB not at his usually stratospheric leves and Otamendi needs to stay awake. Silva and Sane were outstanding and Ferdinhinho put in a prooer shift. Hope Aguero enjoyed his day off.

I have a feeling Otamendi won't be trying that again in a hurry! Fortunately it happened in a game we had won!

McClean and the rest of Pulis's henchmen will be his downfall , won't be long now, you can only get away with this type(not using the word style) if you get points and they don't, at some point they need to try to win a game instead of stopping others.

The two times they have scored twice this season they total a point.

They still have to play Chelsea , Manure and Spurs twice.

They will do enough to survive I suspect but with a better squad than last year IMO they are under performing and I suspect already West Brom are asking some serious questions about Pulis beyond this year.

Hope I’m wrong but did anyone else notice that Gundogan was the only player not to applaud the fans at the end? Very unlike him and I thought he was limping and looked a bit upset/down. Like I said really hope I’m putting 2 and 2 together and making 5 - his passing and ball retention is phenomenal
Gundogan has the lot - can go past players, win the ball, metronomic passing ability, surprisingly quick and never loses the ball. Just needs to get fit and stay fit. He'll then take some shifting out of the team.

Ota individual mistake won't shadow our domination. Pep will fix this no worries..

3 points and top of the league.. :)
In a strange sort of way, conceding a couple isn't all bad - a short sharp shock that should shake out any complacency.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.