Huddersfield - on sale Monday

Don't worry I attend those ones.
Chelsea away last season, Swansea away this season, possibly Baggies in cup; don't think it sold out. Plenty of chance to do away games if you want to. And if you only want to do the swamp or Merseyside then tough shit.

If they have low points it's for a reason. They don't go to away games. They may have reasons for that but doesn't give them the right to jump ahead of those who have been going for years because they now fancy it cos we're good.
They need to first of all start building their points by doing the unattractive fixtures and theres your problem
You see these posts pop up about an unfair system and how it's not right they can't get tickets but when it comes to games like Swansea away on a weekday night with tickets on open sale will all these people be trekking down to South Wales or will they still be moaning how it was unfair they couldn't get tickets for the derby?

No. Sorry, but that is just wrong. I've been going to the only away games I can for a few years now, like Swansea, Southampton, West Ham, Sunderland, Newcastle, all on weekday nights, and it's getting more difficult with every passing year.

Don't kid yourself you can build your points up by buying away tickets, because it's impossible. They are unobtainable for most games.

I've had a seasoncard for 15 years, and earned many points before we left Maine Road, going home and away, as I did for the 30 odd years or so before that.

It's time the away ticket allocation had an overhaul.

The problem is only a few people can now buy tickets, and it's the same few for every game.

I have no idea if they attend the games they buy tickets for, I suspect they don't, but it's wrong only they can buy them to the exclusion of everyone else.

Looking at the fixture list, I'll possibly go to Swansea on the 12th of December, and Leicester when we play them in the cup if tickets are available, but don't tell me that is enough for me to build my points up.

It isn't.

And it never will be.

No. Sorry, but that is just wrong. I've been going to the only away games I can for a few years now, like Swansea, Southampton, West Ham, Sunderland, Newcastle, all on weekday nights, and it's getting more difficult with every passing year.

Don't kid yourself you can build your points up by buying away tickets, because it's impossible. They are unobtainable for most games.

I've had a seasoncard for 15 years, and earned many points before we left Maine Road, going home and away, as I did for the 30 odd years or so before that.

It's time the away ticket allocation had an overhaul.

The problem is only a few people can now buy tickets, and it's the same few for every game.

I have no idea if they attend the games they buy tickets for, I suspect they don't, but it's wrong only they can buy them to the exclusion of everyone else.

Looking at the fixture list, I'll possibly go to Swansea on the 12th of December, and Leicester when we play them in the cup if tickets are available, but don't tell me that is enough for me to build my points up.

It isn't.

And it never will be.
Well said mate i totally agree, im in the same situation seson ticket holder for last 7 seasons, had to miss a few yrs when my boy was young, but im never gonna get the 6000 point jump to get me away tickets

I lived in London for years and never had a problem getting tickets for the away games in London. We left about 10 years ago. I'd say in the 90's I mainly just paid at the ground. In the 00's I think I did buy tickets but again not really a problem.

I'd say the internet has made it too easy for people to buy a tickets. Maybe 100 tickets go on sale at the ground to anyone that is prepared to queue on a Wednesday morning to get them.

The main problem is that the away allocations for Huddersfield and Bournemouth aren’t big enough. I think there should be a minimum away allocation of at least 2,500.

In contrast, Leicester in the Prem looks like it will go to a points level that could have been achieved by being a regular season card holder (on Platimum and Cup Schemes) and going to the Aways that go to very low points or general sale.

Being one of the "few" I do take slight offence at the idea that I don't attend the games.

Anyhow - Leicester away in the League, not on TV, Sat. 3pm KO, still not sold out and will go down to 14k points tomorrow morning, fill yer boots.

Online sites are my only chance of away tickets, get ripped off to fuck but its the price you pay to watch the club you love, cost me £90 for ticket at burnley last season :-/

10% of our allocation should go to ballot and give some people a chance.
Disagree because I'm usually in the last 10% of ticket sales for the away matches I go to. I usually like to go to about 10 aways a season, but since the £30 price limit came in it's been a lot more difficult to pick and choose which games to go to. I started the season on about 14,600 points and I was missing out so decided to up my game and I am rapidly closing in on 15k points. When I'm over the 15k mark it will become a lot easier to get tickets for anywhere where they give around 3k tickets.
If you haven't got enough points for away games then quite frankly you haven't put in the leg work over the years since the points scheme started. Why should those who have been penalised? I did a break down of my points and the vast majority have come from season card renewal, home games and the cup scheme. So any season card holder can accrue more points from home games.
Got my ticket for Leicester on Friday. Was worried I'd miss out because it was supposed to be the last day of sales. Noticed this morning they are still on sale at 13.5k points tomorrow. Chelsea also went down to 13k points. Anyone who's old enough to have been going to City since the start of the scheme should easily have 13k points.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.