Yaya Toure - 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guess I'm the only one here who thinks he completely ruins our game, has no work ethic and gives the ball away far too easily.

Just a couple of weeks ago I had posters trying to tell me we should drop Fernandinho and play Yaya instead in games against the park the bus teams. He should have been replaced 3 years ago, nevermind now.

For all his technical ability he’s detrimental to the team and has been for years because he slows play down to a walking pace. I kept getting told he’s the only player in the world who can play out from the back and pass the ball as well as Guardiola wants. Well that’s absolute bollocks as we’re proving when he’s not in the team these days.

The very thing that's so interesting about about this player is that he divides opinions so much and makes people change their minds over and again. I still remember last season when our performance levels dropped off a cliff, as it were and Toure apologized, got back to the team and made a huge contribution to our performances so much so that Fern could hardly get back in. What was even more interesting was the fact that he so owned a role that many (me inclusive) could swear he'd never be able to play. But these things are pretty easy to forget so its all good.

He was great and in my mind the greatest City player of the post takeover/pre-Pep generation.

Bit like I argued severally. He should not have been re-signed..

Sometimes, you have to thank your aging stats and wish them well. He should have been playing at West Ham like Zab and Joe...

I so saw this coming... :(

He was great and in my mind the greatest City player of the post takeover/pre-Pep generation.

Sometimes, you have to thank your aging stats and wish them well. He should have been playing at West Ham like Zab and Joe...

Dax,
agreed we should have replaced him sooner but imo keeping him was more of the result of poor decisions than a preferred option.
The reason why we still have him in our ranks is because we had players signed but didn't fulfill their early promise. We had J. Garcia, Rodwell, Nando signed in CM positions and if anyone of them happened to be a hybrid of prime Makalele and prime Barry, we would have no need to now convert Yaya to playing a holding role.

Add the fact that we do not have a limitless budget as some opposition fans would have you believe. The effect of failed big money signings is far reaching in that it affects our ability to plan well for other positions that are going to be due for refilling tomorrow but can be managed today. This has been our situation, so if for example Mangala worked out maybe we would have prioritised signing a world class CM instead, the summer we signed Stones (Glad we signed him, by the way).

So the real question should be: would we have been stronger or weaker if he wasn't with us, given our current crop of players?Your guess, I say, is as good as mine.

Not knocking Pellers but i trust Guardiola's activity in the market more and so I'm positive that we will soon see the back of him not for the sake of it but for he actual good of the team.

You also wanted fernandinho replaced.

Toure should have been gonee 3 years ago. I was banned for argueing thus.

You also wanted fernandinho replaced.

Toure should have been gonee 3 years ago. I was banned for argueing thus.
No I did not want Fernadihno replaced. But I don't want him resigned either once his contract is up next year. And this is an opinion I hold in spite of how fantastically he has played this season.

No I did not want Fernadihno replaced. But I don't want him resigned either once his contract is up next year. And this is an opinion I hold in spite of how fantastically he has played this season.

Based on this seasons form, imo it would be madness to get rid of dinho at the end of this season. Still one of the best midfielders in the Prem and would walk into most if not all teams.

Based on this seasons form, imo it would be madness to get rid of dinho at the end of this season. Still one of the best midfielders in the Prem and would walk into most if not all teams .
Yeah his performance is on the rise, so that would make sense to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.