Danilo - 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think he was anything like as good as some are saying. Not sure what he was doing for their 1st goal, ive not seen rigid movement in one direction like that since Sensible Soccer was a thing. After that he played ok but I think at the moment his fitness is severely lacking, probably due to a lack of game time.

Thought he was like a blind moose on rollerskates at times, but most of it just down to lack of regular football I think. His part in the first goal was schoolboy defending & couldn't really be worse if you were doing the 'before' part of a 'how to coach a fullback' video, but he has all the necessary attributes & showed some, on other occasions.

Just needs to play more & get used to the back line.

I don't really blame him for the first goal, he was sold down the river by Kev and Raz who just completely let there men go, while Danilo got caught between the man on the overlap and the guy coming from deep and probably just shaded over a bit too far and couldn't recover in time. The whole defence was off there, Sterling should have been back to help with the extra wide man and let Danilo stay more narrow, while Stones seemed to turn the wrong way not realising Otamendi was there, leaving far too big a channel for the guy to run into after Kev just let him go. Just one of those things that can happen when the opposition properly commits men forwards and play some good first time stuff. Kind of goal we score.

I don't really blame him for the first goal, he was sold down the river by Kev and Raz who just completely let there men go, while Danilo got caught between the man on the overlap and the guy coming from deep and probably just shaded over a bit too far and couldn't recover in time. The whole defence was off there, Sterling should have been back to help with the extra wide man and let Danilo stay more narrow, while Stones seemed to turn the wrong way not realising Otamendi was there, leaving far too big a channel for the guy to run into after Kev just let him go. Just one of those things that can happen when the opposition properly commits men forwards and play some good first time stuff. Kind of goal we score.

Completely agree with that. Sterling found himself in a poor position further up the park and then gave up on his defensive duties. From that point on, Napoli had the numbers and space to exploit us.

Solid performance. Like Walker vs Shakhtar he had a very difficult task up against a very skillful left wing. Came out looking ok.

Thought he was solid and has been so far this season when called on. A very able and dependable defensive utility man. A very good buy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.