Ashes 2017/18

Ric

Administrator
Well, it's nearly upon us. Can't say I'm particularly confident, but it would be great to beat them in their own back yard, given how cocky they've been in the last few weeks. Can't say our batting line-up instills any great confidence though, and we always struggle at The Gabba. Huge challenge ahead.

One of the worst Australian batting order's in recent memory, but could still be a whitewash. Shows how bad we are at the moment. The Stokes situation i fear was the nail in our coffin before a ball has been bowled.

Going to be very interesting. Both teams look below par and are going through transitional phases but I'm quite excited going into it because I genuinely feel like I haven't a clue how it's going to pan out.

I'd go with:

Cook
Stoneman
Vince
Root
Malan
Bairstow
M Ali
Woakes
Broad
Overton
Anderson

Even though we were obliterated the last time we visited Australia, it's hard to fathom why they are the overwhelming favourites for the series. There's a distinct lack of quality in both sides. But that being said, I do believe the Aussies will triumph as their superior bowling attack will inevitably expose our fragile batting line-up. With the possible exception of the Adelaide test match, I don't think there will be any draws between the sides. Both sides look weak to me in the batting department.

I've backed Root and Woakes in a double at 9.5/1 to be England's top batsman and top bowler.

One of the worst Australian batting order's in recent memory, but could still be a whitewash. Shows how bad we are at the moment. The Stokes situation i fear was the nail in our coffin before a ball has been bowled.

Its not going to be a happy tour at all for us i fear. 5-0 would not be a suprise.

Got to agree with this. Not feeling very hopeful.

That said, with City doing so well, it's nice to have that familiar feeling about some sporting event.

I'd go with:

Cook
Stoneman
Vince
Root
Malan
Bairstow
M Ali
Woakes
Broad
Overton
Anderson

Even though we were obliterated the last time we visited Australia, it's hard to fathom why they are the overwhelming favourites for the series. There's a distinct lack of quality in both sides. But that being said, I do believe the Aussies will triumph as their superior bowling attack will inevitably expose our fragile batting line-up. With the possible exception of the Adelaide test match, I don't think there will be any draws between the sides. Both sides look weak to me in the batting department.

I've backed Root and Woakes in a double at 9.5/1 to be England's top batsman and top bowler.
I'd suggest the fact they have 2 x 90mph+ bowlers gives them the edge. A hostile large home crowd geeing up the quickies will be intimidating for an inexperienced squad. We really need Anderson to get the ball swinging, otherwise I don't think we'll bowl them out (he says half tempting fate).

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.