Huddersfield(A) Post Match Thread

I know we all want to watch the game played nicely, but its not just possible for some to do that against us, we shouldn't as fans be moaning about (especially when we've won), we should be taking it as huge compliment of how good we actually are.

We've won a game that most reasonable people expected would be a tough game, its those who put 5-0 in the pre match thread every week that need to have a rethink.

Its games like today that define champions for me, well done Pep and all.
Totally agree with the above.

We were made to work really hard by an organised defence. Not pretty to watch, but almost worked out for them.

The thing I dislike most is Huddersfield supporters complaining about a dive - which it clearly was NOT. Sterling was just too quick for the defender.

Onwards and upwards (although I'm not sure what upwards could be this season )

It's wins like this that sicken the chasing pack and their fans. By our standards not quite at it, a resolute gritty team frustrating us and a hostile crowd. How they must have been gloating as the clock ran down and they looked like narrowing the gap, then boom! Three points and back to square one for the scrotes. Hopefully we win the next two home games and the rags drop some. There are signs fatigue is creeping in a bit and we must be close to a few suspensions, Sane for one seems to get booked almost every game and someone really needs to have a word with him about his temper.o

It must be frustrating for Pep that the likes of Gundogan and B Silva haven't really shone yet so he can't really put them into the first team or our tempo and quality drops dramatically, meaning some players can't be rested.

Huddersfield's tactics were the most negative I have seen in ages but as others have said you can't blame them and it almost paid off. I wonder what would happen if we just stopped completely when they are all behind the ball? Would they come out to try and win it back or just stay in position? Maybe if we gave them the ball and retreated they would have to come forward so leaving space.

Fantastic three points, it feels like more in the circumstances.

Haha, enjoy your couple of seasons with the big boys.

as they say about yorkshire folk, strong in arm, thick in head.

Notice thier main ire is about delph and walker, nowt to do with them being from leeds and sheffield obviously, come across as right bitter ****s

True. But we kind of did what we have been doing for most of the time. So it kind a is more interesting to talk about the opponent. And how poor these were. And another approach that didn’t make it. Witnessed by another home crowd enjoying their team playing all but football. While the same home crowd ruining the one hand by hitting it with plastic clappers when we misplaced the ball. Forgettingb what they payed for a ticket and getting absolutely shite without a single point and the highlight being us scoring their goal.
We did ok and no one can blame us for not trying to make it a football match. One draw and won the rest. All of them fully deserved.
Yeah, there's not a lot that was significantly new in City's game or the final outcome.

New song....
The wheels on the bus go round and round, round and round, round and round.
The wheels on the bus go round and round. Round and round.
Reverse on the bus goes beep beep beep, beep beep beep, beep beep beep.
Reverse on the bus goes beep beep beep. Beep beep beep.
MCFC trash the bus, trash the bus, trash the bus.
MCFC trash the bus. Trash the bus.
MCFC scrap the bus, scrap the bus, scrap the bus.
MCFC scrap the bus. Scrap the bus.
(Add verses for managers etc as required.)

Get your point but as an old time football fan I'd much rather these JCL's go down rather then the toffees, who are a traditional 'proper' club, with real fans (love or loathe them I can't see them with those stupid fucking clapper things)
You’re not really an old time football fan if you think Huddersfield are Johnny come lately’s.

New song....
The wheels on the bus go round and round, round and round, round and round.
The wheels on the bus go round and round. Round and round.
Reverse on the bus goes beep beep beep, beep beep beep, beep beep beep.
Reverse on the bus goes beep beep beep. Beep beep beep.
MCFC trash the bus, trash the bus, trash the bus.
MCFC trash the bus. Trash the bus.
MCFC scrap the bus, scrap the bus, scrap the bus.
MCFC scrap the bus. Scrap the bus.
(Add verses for managers etc) as required.
Snap! You’re pissed as well :)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.