Centre back options

After Mangala's continued struggles it's funny how no matter what CB is discussed everybody is completely fine with it. It reminds me of a trade in MLB one time when the Phillies traded an unpopular player and a reporter told the team's CF Lenny Dykstra. Lenny's response was "Good trade, who did we get?".
Lol

Probably not, but they sold Matic and Mata to the rags, so it's possible.
Would we ever play 2 ball-playing CBs at the same time? I'd love to get Giminez on a free or Alderweireld for cheap.

Does anyone know much about Milan Skriniar from Inter? Supposedly a very good CB.

Yes we would.

Haven’t seen much of Gimeinez but Alderweireld would be great. Skriniar is going to be a top CB but he seems happy at Inter don’t know if he will leave after one season only especially as they will likely make CL. He is one of the reasons Inter are currently flying, 1st in Serie A. He can also play DM and has played there a few times for the Slovak national team. Chipped in with 3 goals already this season for Inter. He is one to keep an eye on.

I think we should get 2 CBs. One to replace Mangala. Kompany’s fitness issues means we need 2 especially if we plan on using 3 at the back more often.

Would fit in nicely but Chelsea would be stupid to sell, for a small price, anyway.

Side note: Why did the media not blow up when Pep talked to him after the game against Chelsea?

Would happily see us pay £40-50m for him.

I would say because it was in a friendly manner while with Redmond he was more agressive.

I would say because it was in a friendly manner while with Redmond he was more agressive.

I reckon that would be a fair price seeing that they sold Matic for considerably less. Wonder if we'd actually go for it with all signs saying that we'll be easing down on transfer spending in the summer. Especially since alternatives like Martinez can be had for half the price.

I reckon that would be a fair price seeing that they sold Matic for considerably less. Wonder if we'd actually go for it with all signs saying that we'll be easing down on transfer spending in the summer. Especially since alternatives like Martinez can be had for half the price.

Christensen is the first Chelsea academy product to come through in 19 years.

He's the first academy product to start 3 games in a row since Terry.

They aren't going to sell. He's got too much symbolic value for them.

Do people here Actually think we are going to sell Christensen? And to City no less? Dont be silly, Christensen wont leave Chelsea, he is our academy product and Chelsea has absolutely no incentive to sell him. He'll be at our club for the next 10 years

I'd take David Luiz personally. Kill two birds with one stone and have him rotate with Fernandinho too.

This may be a stupid question so please forgive me. But could Walker or Danilo be used as a CB? I mean if MAffeo is coming back it would solve the problems of having too sell a foreign/association players if we could convert one of those 2 into a CB.

I know it may seem like a dumb question but Guardiola has reputation for converting players such as Lahm and Delph

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.