Ashes 2017/18

I have seen these positions many times and it is rare that the chasing team win. I would say a loss by between 40-70 runs is most likely from here. You never know though. England have done well to get in this position and it would be good to see that stupid smirk wiped off Smiths face.

Bairstow is due a big score as is Ali.

true but i'm much more confident of Jonny throwing his wicket away....

I'll be happy if Root, Woakes, Ali and JB get out to good deliveries as we should go close then. so frustrating the amount of times we get out to nothing balls.

am in shock england are still in the game and shown some fight but its to late and i don't see england winning we could get a draw if the rain comes or we just brick up the wickets but there again we would get bounced out hahahaha

true but i'm much more confident of Jonny throwing his wicket away....

I'll be happy if Root, Woakes, Ali and JB get out to good deliveries as we should go close then. so frustrating the amount of times we get out to nothing balls.

I honestly don’t know why I’m doing this to myself as I’m certain as can be it will all end in tiers but those 4 you mention right there are capable of taking us close to the target. That’s not even including Overton who has shown he can score a fair few runs too. I’m not including Broad as he’s not geared towards these situations and although Jimmy can play a shot or two, it’s not happening if it comes down to him.

Can’t believe I’m getting my hopes up, especially as Lyon is turning it square....

I have seen these positions many times and it is rare that the chasing team win. I would say a loss by between 40-70 runs is most likely from here. You never know though. England have done well to get in this position and it would be good to see that stupid smirk wiped off Smiths face.

Yeah, it ends in failure so often and to be fair it’s not just to England either.

Australia still have the best part of 200 runs to play with - that’s a hell of a lot of leeway going into day 5 of a test match.

If England win this match, it will be one of the greatest comebacks in test match history and won’t be far off Headingley 1981 for me.

Not a pessismist but it would be wise not to build to much hope ryt now. Just let the first session slide by and let target come down to 60 at the loss of 1 wicket maximum before payin attention :)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.