Full Backs?

Just read excerpts from Zinchenko's interview to Russian press. Alex said Pep asked him 'to not leave this winter' as he'll be getting some playing time.
Full interview here: https://matchtv.ru/football/england...o_smerti_Byvshij_igrok_Ufy_mozhet_vyigrat_APL

I think it's a wise solution - to wait until Mendy finishes his rehab and then make decisions regarding LBs.
Without meaning to sound too harsh on the young lad the current scenario at left back is probably the best chance he'll ever have to stake a claim for a place here and it's a lot more than some equally good and arguably better prospects have had, so he needs to put everything into it and try to take the place from Delph. Saying that, he needs to improve physically.

I'd go for grimaldo in January

If we get hin, then all 3 we have (maybe not Mendy) will be injury susceptible.Grimaldo, Mendy and Delph.

BTW, I love Grimaldo and he was my #1 option this summer even over Mendy, but he too is very injury prone it seems

If we get hin, then all 3 we have (maybe not Mendy) will be injury susceptible.Grimaldo, Mendy and Delph.

BTW, I love Grimaldo and he was my #1 option this summer even over Mendy, but he too is very injury prone it seems
I really thought Grimaldo was our first buy last summer obviously did not happen, so now is a good time to take stock . we have a first choice LB Mendy who is out probably for the season and a back up Delph who is injury prone and really back up for Fernandinho , personally i would go for a loan deal regardless of cost . Falco cost utd 20 million but he saved utd 40 million in wages and transfer fee when they found out he could not play in the premiership Grimaldo fits this and we find out if he can play in the league

I really thought Grimaldo was our first buy last summer obviously did not happen, so now is a good time to take stock . we have a first choice LB Mendy who is out probably for the season and a back up Delph who is injury prone and really back up for Fernandinho , personally i would go for a loan deal regardless of cost . Falco cost utd 20 million but he saved utd 40 million in wages and transfer fee when they found out he could not play in the premiership Grimaldo fits this and we find out if he can play in the league
Sobyou want a loan deal for him?

Philipp Max should be a good option. Has 9 assist this season in bundesliga from Left back position.

The problem with going for a left back in January is that once Mendy is fit, what happens to Delph?

He has been excellent for us this season and could find himself without a position next summer if we sign a left back in January.

I think Delph looks perfect as a back-up to Mendy.

It's whether or not the club want to go all in during January signing a left back, central defender and Sanchez and see if we can win a good few trophies.

We may never have a better opportunity considering where we are at this moment in time.

The problem with going for a left back in January is that once Mendy is fit, what happens to Delph?

He has been excellent for us this season and could find himself without a position next summer if we sign a left back in January.

I think Delph looks perfect as a back-up to Mendy.

It's whether or not the club want to go all in during January signing a left back, central defender and Sanchez and see if we can win a good few trophies.

We may never have a better opportunity considering where we are at this moment in time.

I think we should forget about signing a left back, delphs been class. Maybe pep doesn’t trust his injury record.

That's the concern.

If Delph gets injured we have a huge issue.
Yep. But just to avoid squad congestion and because I rate Delph higher where he is now than Dinho's position, I'd like to see Zinchenko and Foden given another go each at left back before doing anything in January. The game time would do them good and it would free up a squad spot.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.