How many points to win the league?

buckshot

Chelsea won with 93 last year and Spurs were 2nd with 86. The most the scum can put up is 99 but realistically the best they could hope for is 89 which would be 47 of 57 points. That would be 15 wins, 2 draws and 1 loss. I honestly don’t know how they’d pull that off.

If they did City would need 35 points which would be something like 10 wins, 5 draws and 4 losses.

Until I looked at these numbers I didn’t realize how much of a miracle it would take for City to lose.

Chelsea won with 93 last year and Spurs were 2nd with 86. The most the scum can put up is 99 but realistically the best they could hope for is 89 which would be 47 of 57 points. That would be 15 wins, 2 draws and 1 loss. I honestly don’t know how they’d pull that off.

If they did City would need 35 points which would be something like 10 wins, 5 draws and 4 losses.

Until I looked at these numbers I didn’t realize how much of a miracle it would take for City to lose.
As long as this run continues and the remaining number of games continues to shrink, the numbers will quickly start to get even more stark for the others

Realistically Manure are likely at best to finish on 84 points more than likely 80 I would suggest ie 11 - 5 -3 in their remaining games having dropped points in 6 games to date.

Chelsea need something like 13 -2 -4 to finish on 80 points having dropped points in 7 games to date.

Its almost certain that we won't need more than 84 points to win the title this year in fact I am pretty confident 80-81 points will be enough as it has been a few occasions in the past.

But lets look at a worst case scenario and say 86 points is required that means we can go 9-4-6 in our remaining games.

Its little wonder all the bookies are paying out on Man City already and very soon will suspend all betting on us winning this year.

Who gives a fuck? Keep working hard, playing well, winning our games and it’s all irrelevant.

We don’t have to care about other teams, we just have to continue playing our games in the same manner we have been doing and let them worry about catching us.

I would put good money on none of our so called challenges breaking the 80 point barrier this season.

Top 4 is important, but I think they’ll all put their eggs in the Champions League games.

An added bonus of having the league wrapped up by late March would give us the change to give the kids loads of valuable game time towards the end of the season and resting first teamers for Champions League/FA Cup games.

Trophies are more important then going unbeaten or breaking the points record although I still think we’ll come close to both playing weakened teams.

Were looking more certain with every game,become champions against the rags or before

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.