Bobby Madley

Does it actually say that in the laws of the game? I'll agree it would be deemed "iffy" but if a defender can accidentally handle without being penalised why can't a forward.
Most of the results regarding handball refer to defenders, however, I would interpret this as universial to attack and defence. In this case I think it's fair to say that the handball affected West Ham;
"...Where a handball affects the opponents it should be judged like a foul"
http://www.thefa.com/football-rules.../football-11-11/law-12---fouls-and-misconduct

Just seen the goal and the scorer looked level (ok, level-ish) but it still might have come off his arm. Possibly not deliberate but we had one disallowed at Brighton for an accidental handball.

Not really the point. Whether right or wrong (and it was tight), it's not for the referee to overrule the linesman on a line decision - that way lies total chaos. The only time the ref should be involved is if it's a matter of whether a player is interfering with play, and since Wilson actually scored the bloody goal, you'd hope it wasn't that, or Madley needs a white stick not a whistle.

The linesman flagged for offside against the goalscorer. That should have been the end of it.

Not bent just incompetent. Further proof the game desperately needs to be modernised. VAR would have spotted that very very easily. It's cost West Ham a point and allowed their relegation rivals to gain one. That could very easily be looked at as the cause off a team being relegated come the end of the season.

Not bent just incompetent. Further proof the game desperately needs to be modernised. VAR would have spotted that very very easily. It's cost West Ham a point and allowed their relegation rivals to gain one. That could very easily be looked at as the cause off a team being relegated come the end of the season.

No he's bent, the whole lot of them are bent. Don't feel their being paid enough and feel aggrieved.

There is absolutely no reason whatsoever that match reports can't be published. He should have to put his out in public and let everyone know why he's made the decisions he has. Same for every official.

I really don't see why there should be an issue with that.

Can't someone claim to see it under the Official Secrets Act or whatever?

Not really the point. Whether right or wrong (and it was tight), it's not for the referee to overrule the linesman on a line decision - that way lies total chaos. The only time the ref should be involved is if it's a matter of whether a player is interfering with play, and since Wilson actually scored the bloody goal, you'd hope it wasn't that, or Madley needs a white stick not a whistle.

The linesman flagged for offside against the goalscorer. That should have been the end of it.

What drivel!

The referee is sole arbiter of decisions.

The linesman is there to assist the ref make decisions, not make them for him/her.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.