Media Thread 2017/18

Status
Not open for further replies.
And he's also a long-time City fan.

True.

Best goal I ever saw scored against City was by Saunders at the old Baseball Ground.

Their goalkeeper cleared it upfield (might even have been Peter Shilton? ) and Saunders hit it first time on the volley from about 30 yards across his body and gave Coton no chance.

Certainly not as painful as going back there and seeing Paul Goddard hit a hat-trick a year later when we got hammered 6-0.
6-0 was year before mate, came a month after the 5-1, shilts to Saunders was year later, was at both, ironically Saunders has missed 3 pens against city.

Watching Sky sports news and find it amazing that Danny Mills can be considered an expert commentator. But more surprisingly the credit that comes up to identify him says Man City 2004 to 2009! Cheeky sod, he was useless for 2 years got shipped out on loan to rob his wages of us for 3 years and now has the audacity to suggest he was with us for 5 years.
Seemed more like 10.... Lazy ar*sed, idle, money grabbing twunt

Yup. Begged Swales to sign him one year.

Think he also had a penalty saved one year when Quinny went in net after a sending off.

In fact, he also rattled another pen against the bar when City beat Liverpool at Maine Road 2-1 with two from David White?

Must have kept his eyes closed!
Think that was against Derby ,Quinn scored then went in net and saved a penalty .Quinn would bet against teamates on himself saving penalties in training.

Even the sun can see it.
Every day, every excuse,every time he throws a player- former or current- under the bus,every time he parks that very same bus, every time he blames everyone else,every time he opens his stupid mouth.
The shells are falling from their eyes,the obvious truth is staring everyone in the face.
Long may he stay!

Yup. Begged Swales to sign him one year.

Think he also had a penalty saved one year when Quinny went in net after a sending off.

In fact, he also rattled another pen against the bar when City beat Liverpool at Maine Road 2-1 with two from David White?

Must have kept his eyes closed!
I always think he's very complimentary towards us tbh so it makes sense.

And he's also a long-time City fan.

True.

Best goal I ever saw scored against City was by Saunders at the old Baseball Ground.

Their goalkeeper cleared it upfield (might even have been Peter Shilton? ) and Saunders hit it first time on the volley from about 30 yards across his body and gave Coton no chance.

Certainly not as painful as going back there and seeing Paul Goddard hit a hat-trick a year later when we got hammered 6-0.

I remember that game with the Saunders goal very well: it was one of my most embarrassing experiences. I missed the opening few minutes of the game due to a crap journey there. I went to the game on my own and didn't speak to anyone during the game. When Saunders scored late on, I was royally pissed off and left the ground feeling very glum. I couldn't understand why the mood among my Blues as we walked out / away was reasonably happy.

I got back to the car and turned the radio whereupon I heard the final scores being read and discovered that the game I had just attended had finished 1-1. I thought we had lost but it turned out we scored in something like the first minute! If the Baseball ground had a score board in those days, I didn't see it and I hadn't thought to ask the score as the game had barely kicked off.

Anyhoo, even back then I'm pretty sure I was under the impression that Saunders was a Blue. Couldn't quite understand why we never signed him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.