Status
Not open for further replies.
There's no reason not to sign Sanchez.
1. World class player.
2. He wants to play for us and no one else
3. The price will be good for a player of his quality
4. We have the money.
5. We have a starting position for him with Jesus out
6. He isn't World Cup bound and will be fresh next season.
7. Small point but he's Spanish speaking.

Let's get it done.
I dare you to tell that to marvin

Difference from last summer is Arsenal are now between a rock & hard place regarding Sanchez.

If it doesn't happen now, then they stand to lose him for nothing come the summer. To get anything for him, they have to sell him in Jan.

Yes but if they lose out on a top 4 finish again that will cost them what we might pay for him in January anyway.

They really are between a rock and a hard place

Difference from last summer is Arsenal are now between a rock & hard place regarding Sanchez.

If it doesn't happen now, then they stand to lose him for nothing come the summer. To get anything for him, they have to sell him in Jan.

But they could have sold him for more last summer and didn't because they didn't have a replacement. Why should January be different, they still don't have a replacement so still won't sell. He stays and they have a better chance of finishing top 4, maybe a cup or two or three, but if he goes without getting someone in then they may end up with nothing and out of the top for which would cost them a lot more than 20-30m they may get now. It ain't happening

But they could have sold him for more last summer and didn't because they didn't have a replacement. Why should January be different, they still don't have a replacement so still won't sell. He stays and they have a better chance of finishing top 4, maybe a cup or two or three, but if he goes without getting someone in then they may end up with nothing and out of the top for which would cost them a lot more than 20-30m they may get now. It ain't happening
this,they turned down 60m because they have money they just don't like spending it,25m is nothing to them,they will stick i'm sure of it

exactly. arsenal would be totally stupid to sell alexis.

Totally see your point regarding the cost of selling versus the cost of top 4, but not sure I buy the argument about lack of replacement being the only reason.

Any club this day and age that doesn't look to strengthen, enhance or plan for succession, especially with a player of 1 year or less on their contract are completely incompetent.

Take the transfer situation out of the equation ... what would Arsenal do if Sanchez got injured this weekend and was ruled out for the rest of the season?

Are they really that stupid to pin all their hopes of reaching the top 4 on one player?

He's not even a left back, he's a central midfielder playing out of position. It's not like he's even left footed like Delph.

I'd reluctantly take the £25M, I'd bite your hand off for £40M lol. To be honest, we should be taking £20M-£25M for Walcott this window as well, but we know that probably won't happen either.
OK, I'll offer you £8m. Pass this on to Wenger please, & I'll deal with Pep & Txiki at my end. If we pull this off, I'm hoping to get 2 lifetime season cards for free! :-)

Totally see your point regarding the cost of selling versus the cost of top 4, but not sure I buy the argument about lack of replacement being the only reason.

Any club this day and age that doesn't look to strengthen, enhance or plan for succession, especially with a player of 1 year or less on their contract are completely incompetent.

Take the transfer situation out of the equation ... what would Arsenal do if Sanchez got injured this weekend and was ruled out for the rest of the season?

Are they really that stupid to pin all their hopes of reaching the top 4 on one player?
we are talking arsene stupid/deluded

They’re not gonna get top 4 with or without him

No decent replacements are going to sign until after the world cup. therefore it'll cost them more to ensure they have any kind of replacement. After a world cup prices go up by 20 to 30 mill

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.