Bitcoin (cryptocurrency)

Not knowing - I'm almost certain it's very easy - unless you've a crap-ton invested.

Flip your question around - how hard is it to purchase bitcoins? Very easy.

So there's bound to be a market already extant for anyone wanting to sell bitcoins, albeit at some nominal charge (free market capitalism guarantees this).

The bigger problem is lack of confidence in the currency - if that begins to fail, the bottom will quickly drop out - and then, it'll be impossible to get back what you paid.

Yea i presume youre right, it's only when a lot of people starting asking for their money that liquidity will be really tested. And because there will be likely trading platforms working on commision they won't have issue to pay out as long as the bids are there.

But besides bitcoin there seem to be a thousand alternatives. And i presume there are various trading platforms. Might be harder to get liquid on the more obscure ones depending on how much you wanna sell. I also presume that these trading platforms don't want to buy up the coins themselfs to potentially sit on them forever.

i also checked up Bitcoins trading volume today and it was a trading in 24h of 18 billion $ in bitcoin. I mean, it would suggest that to the tune of 18 billion $ worth in bitcoin was sold for normal currency. The supply of bitcoin stays constant, So basicly every sale is a buy for someone else, actual monetary worth gets added or substracted according to what price it gets sold and today for example money got pulled out by virtue of the lower price it got sold at.

Though otoh, instead of that there was actually 18 billion $ put in bitcoin today, it might have been a far smaller value that got pumped so high because 2 accounts were constantly selling and buying the same bitcoin volume to eachother, by a trader platform that would not incur costs for the transactions. That makes me consider how potentially it could be manipulated. And to be fair with a 18 billion supposed daily turnover ...

I guess that 18 billion figure might also suggest institutionalised players on the market. Say that there were 10 million bitcoin investors, then it would mean they would all need to trade an average of 1800$ daily to make such a volume. Idk, you'd think that a number of those billions came from big players.

No cheerleading going on, seems like people are asking questions, discussing things, sharing opinions....kind of like what used to happen in forums.

If you are so butthurt about Crypto Currency, why not avoid this thread?

Butthurt?

Are you 15 years old?

And you are literally cheerleading this stuff. This thing that is going to eventually bankrupt people, as you are fully aware, you're cheerleading because you deep down know that there's no real value in the market and it's living off nothing but enthusiasm.

Oh and the day that we start deciding who is allowed and not allowed to start posting in certain threads, you will not be at the front of that queue to make those decisions.

Butthurt?

Are you 15 years old?

And you are literally cheerleading this stuff. This thing that is going to eventually bankrupt people, as you are fully aware, you're cheerleading because you deep down know that there's no real value in the market and it's living off nothing but enthusiasm.

Oh and the day that we start deciding who is allowed and not allowed to start posting in certain threads, you will not be at the front of that queue to make those decisions.

There is a difference between being asked why don't you avoid a thread and telling someone they are not allowed to post in a certain thread. I thought you of all people would know the difference. If you decide to start allowing and not allowing people to post in certain places, this will no longer be a forum and you will have failed at your calling in life, moderation.

I would like to see one of my posts that is cheerleading anything, could you please quote?

There is a difference between being asked why don't you avoid a thread and telling someone they are not allowed to post in a certain thread. I thought you of all people would know the difference. If you decide to start allowing and not allowing people to post in certain places, this will no longer be a forum and you will have failed at your calling in life, moderation.

I would like to see one of my posts that is cheerleading anything, could you please quote?

Ok, I don't avoid the thread because I have no desire to. Simple enough.

And this forum isn't "my calling in life". It's something that I've done in my spare time for free so some knobheads can come on and have somewhere to give me shit over it.

Don't get butthurt about it fam.

Ok, I don't avoid the thread because I have no desire to. Simple enough.

And this forum isn't "my calling in life". It's something that I've done in my spare time for free so some knobheads can come on and have somewhere to give me shit over it.

Don't get butthurt about it fam.

Well that’s cleared that up, thanks blud. ;-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.