Alexis Sanchez

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really want Alexis so i'm disappointed we're not just getting it done, as seems to be the cry from most fans.

However,

I have to say, City's stance is absolutely the right one. Perhaps they've had assurances Alexis won't go to United in any circumstances, if that's the case, why get into a bidding war and pay and extra £15m?

If he'd rather go to United than stay at Arsenal for potentially 6 months, this will move quickly now and he'll go there for £35m. I'd be gutted, but I can't say we've played it wrong.

The only thing that doesn't quite add up is we were quite prepared to pay double this money only 5 months ago. Perhaps it's become a business decision now and you can't argue with the stance.

If it was an average player I’d say yeah walk away but players of Alexis’s quality don’t come on the market every window. Whether he’s got 6 months or 6 years left on his contract is irrelevant, he’s easily an 80 million pound player in today’s market.

We can't go mad here, we need the extra money for Jonny Evans!

I cannot believe for 1 second that we havent known (and agreed)Sanchez and his agents fees/contractual term since the summer.
This is ALL about agreeing a fee with the jokers at Arsenal who are desperately trying to save face after they let their most valuable asset depreciate to nothing.
Might run to very last day or even (gulp) the summer.
I am behind City’s stance on this, Arsenal went back on their word in the summer, and shouldnt be allowed to get what they want.

Last throw of the dice from us.

Basically saying to Sanchez if you want us you may have to stay at Arsenal until the summer because we are not paying more than £20m now.

If he goes to United we will know it was all about money.

Mad saying that I know.
Or City know there is no offer from United and their recent interest is a fabrication created by Arsenal. That people really think United offered 25m plus the Armenian is hilarious.

They're a selling club and were less of rivals to the rags then than they are now, they finished 11/12 18 points off the top 2.
We were in for RVP with the rags and they chose the rags. I think their allegiance with UEFA and their red friends will dictate how Arsenal play this.

Ultimately only Sanchez can decides how it ends

I really want Alexis so i'm disappointed we're not just getting it done, as seems to be the cry from most fans.

However,

I have to say, City's stance is absolutely the right one. Perhaps they've had assurances Alexis won't go to United in any circumstances, if that's the case, why get into a bidding war and pay and extra £15m?

If he'd rather go to United than stay at Arsenal for potentially 6 months, this will move quickly now and he'll go there for £35m. I'd be gutted, but I can't say we've played it wrong.

The only thing that doesn't quite add up is we were quite prepared to pay double this money only 5 months ago. Perhaps it's become a business decision now and you can't argue with the stance.
We need him this season far less than we did 5 months ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.