Alexis Sanchez

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe Wenger hates us more than United/Mourinho. Apart from that, he is getting Mkhitaryan who is a fine player, while he is struggling to find a replacement. He announced that the bidding war is good for Arsenal and selling to United could be the better of two bad options for him.
He announced a bidding war is good for the selling team “but that’s not the situation”.

Personally think ultimately this will end in us increasing the bid and wages slightly and then sign him
But who knows
Someone gonna have egg on face
Better to be 15 clear though

I agree, I think the idea Mourinho ruins all his players is madness, I certainly don't think all his players have gotten worse but I do think Mkhitaryan is poor, irrespective of coach.

I think he could have gone to Spurs, Arsenal, Juventus, you name it and he would have struggled. I do not see an exceptional talent in him and wouldn't back him to recover his Bundesliga form while he is in the Premier League.
Which of your players would say he has improved then, or indeed at other clubs he has been at?

I agree, I think the idea Mourinho ruins all his players is madness, I certainly don't think all his players have gotten worse but I do think Mkhitaryan is poor, irrespective of coach.

I think he could have gone to Spurs, Arsenal, Juventus, you name it and he would have struggled. I do not see an exceptional talent in him and wouldn't back him to recover his Bundesliga form while he is in the Premier League.
He looked very very good at Dortmund and now he doesn’t. Rashford is going backwards at an alarming rate. Rooney fell off a cliff. Smalling can barely kick a ball. Luke Shaw looks like a non-League hacker. Lukaku would struggle to score in a brothel and Pogba has gone from game controller at Juventus to occasionally having a good half an hour. There is only one thing they’ve all got in common!!

The gist of it was that City won't overpay for Sanchez, they're not worried about him going to United - if he chooses that, then so be it - and they won't begin to panic about United's interest.
Personally, I think for one of the best players in the PL in the current market, we are not just refusing to overpay, but at £20m we are deliberately underpaying to punish Arsenal for messing us around in summer.

What do you think a fair price is? Taking into account coutinho's price. Take away Alexis's alleged love for Pep, what would be his price now. Chelsea, Scouse, Rags and us all bidding. Well upward of 50 million I would suggest.
I should have highlighted the last line, I'm not fussed about the fee it's not my money.

He announced a bidding war is good for the selling team “but that’s not the situation”.

That interview imo, was the first time Wenger seemed to imply that things are happening on Sanchez & his comments re there not being a 'bidding war' could, I believe, be because Arsenal have actually more or less agreed to a price for Sanchez, but want some breathing space re replacing him.

If it is the case that the price is more or less agreed, then Utd may have matched it, hence are able to offer the player a deal. (Which doesn't mean Sanchez has accepted it, just that his agent has listened to them). They might not have 'outbid' City, just matched it.

That is just my idea but it would explain the current situation & Wenger's comments imo.

I think Sanchez would prefer Pep, all other things being equal. I think his agent wants to squeeze the best financial package out of the buying club, and will be trying to convince him to accept the United bid.

If we show no flexibility, he may be convinced to settle for United. Personally I think it would be a shame because he will strengthen any side he joins and could make a difference in the CL.

(What price rubbing Arsenal's face in the dirt for messing us around in the summer? Seems a bit petty to me, but some treat negotiations like a game.)
We offered a big enough amount in the summer , they didn't really budge and we got stung a little bit but bided our time. So we are in for him again at a reduced price because we are giving the player a choice. If he goes to United then so be it but it will be his own choice and it'll be seen as more of a big salary move than anything else . He can also stick it out and come to us this summer and be welcomed with open arms with a big salary and the joy of being wanted by us not because of some part exchange deal from a club that mainly wants to do one over on us.
As for negotiations being a game ? Yes you're right it is a bit of a game back and forth but we are being honest with Alex . We are not going to pay over the odds because Arsenal have wound his contract down . That's their issue .Not our problem . We are simply saying " we really want you for what you can bring to us as a team and if they won't let you go now we will still want you next summer " . That's it . His choice .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.