Liverpool (A) Post Match Thread.

that 15 pt lead could well be 12 by tomorrow.....another slip and it could be 9 and the vulchers will be circling....

The league is far from over.

And 3 more slip ups after that we could be level, we're all doomed

Very disappointed but it
My argument is that mistakes are more likely to happen when under pressure, and we lost our composure at 2-1. When we beat teams, we take credit for applying the pressure that leads to mistakes, so by the same reckoning, we have to say Liverpool induced us into being 'rattled' and forced our mistakes.
I think we looked nervous from the start, and Liverpool looked hell bent on keeping the game at 100mph to keep us out of our comfort zone.

I think that one of our problems was that we were actually trying too hard to prove that we had NOT lost our composure and that we were perfectly calm. The result was that we took too many touches and were caught in possession. This was the case for the disastrous third goal which gave Liverpool the breathing space to play their game. At 1-1 we had looked the likeliest winners .... The fourth was the result of a howler from Ederson and this made up the hat trick of mistakes from three players who have been outstanding all season. My fear was that we'd implode at that point but we got back to playing our football and never gave up which is promising for the rest of the season and all competitions.

Liverpool played very well indeed, we were good but not great and had a ten minute spell where things really did go wrong and we were edged out in one of the thrillers of the season. And I think if Sergio had not got his head to the ball in the last play of the match there were two City lads coming in who looked sure to score - but I'm never going to criticise Sergio for trying to take a chance!

Some of the crap being spouted here screams of entitlement. Some questioning the character of a team which have came back and won games on at least 5 occasions this season. The character and mentality of a player who's goals, a few late as well has won the team the most amount of points and helped afford a 15 point lead. A team which played in a tough mid-week cup game where half the team played against a team that's had a 9 day rest. Its quite baffling

You can say sterling was poor which he was but it has nothing to do with any weak mentality or anfield. if that's the case then the whole team should never show up at anfield again seeing as they'd never won there for some time even before he was in the team.

You can also say the team as a whole was poor, late to every second ball, misplaced more passes than in any game this season, made a lot of unforced errors and conceded goals as as result of that and some poor defending, but again nothing to do with their quality, or character. It was just a bad day at the office nothing more nothing less. Even the great barca team of pep never went a season unbeaten so yes it was a poor performance, a bad day but that shouldn't put into question the quality or mentality of this team. This is a very special team and I'm almost certain days like this won't happen very often. 15 points clear, a semi final cup tie in which they have a lead, and favourable draws in the FA Cup and champions league. Pep, the staff and the players will dust themselves off and get back to it

Sorry but this shit happens at Anfield time after time and year after year our crap record there is trumpeted. The problem is mental. We fell apart when that second goal went in despite having been, IMO, the better team overall to that point. The players have to truly believe they will win there and I don't think - deep down - they do. That does mean they are mentally weak. They have shown more mental strength to this point than any City team I have seen but they need to be even stronger to start getting good results regularly at Anfield, in fact on Merseyside, and at Arsenal; and, most importantly to finish the job and bring home some trophies without unnecessary drama.

if i can add Stones and Otamendi have this tendency to fall over when they attack the ball it should be with high determination otherwise every time they will get pushed

are you saying that you don't think Utd will beat Stoke...I do...so it will potentially be 12....our squad is starting to look strained and our performances one the last few weeks have not been a s convincing. We will drop more points between now and the end of the season.

2nd goal is a definite foul, 3rd & 4th are piss poor defending and passing.
Liverpool played the the game like a Cup game and we didn't, but to be fair I thought the ref let them but not us.
Sterling has some issues against teams that play like that so Pep should learn from it.
15 points clear, maybe 12, heads down and get behind the wheel again, win the next 10 in a row and it's done.
New CB and LB are our biggest priority I think
Come on City

Credit to lpool today. They were very good and with the crowd behind them we needed to be just a little better than we were.
Stones Aguero and Sterling were passengers today. My only criticism is that Pep should have taken Sterling off earlier as it was clear the crowd had got to him.
Heyho...move on.

there must have been a reason why merlin was on bench, cant see it as tactical. im sure pep had his reasons however fucked up it seems at the moment

onwards and upwards

Tyler said it was because of the personal problems that he has been experiencing.

If that’s the case, I cannot see the point of having him on the bench.

On another note, Mrs Vienna has just pointed out that the score went from 1-4 to 3-4 AFTER Milner came on.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.